Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: foo_wlm (Read 176490 times) previous topic - next topic

foo_wlm

Reply #75
hi, i was wondering something. some of my tracks have an album tagged, some don't. is there any way for me to show something like

john doe - song 1

instead of

john doe - song 1 [?] ?

something like the plugin detecting that there's no album defined and then it just displays artist and song.
am i making myself clear? sorry for my english also ^^

thanks in advance everyone. hope someone can help.

Try $if2(%album%,) ?

i was using something like
%artist% '-' %title% '['$if2(%album%,)']?

it doesn't work, it displays artist - song []...or something like that

This is what I am using:

%title%[' < '[%artist%][' @ '%album%' . Album']' >']$if(%ispaused%,' (Paused)',)

btw. this plugin is the best msn now playing for foobar2000 I have ever seen....compared with many. Many thanks!

foo_wlm

Reply #76
Many thanks for creating this noobie, appreciated!

Just a small query, is there a way to show a radio stream name as well as the artist and title please?

Also, a neat feature would be to auto censor swear/rude words if possible! Some of my MP3s have naughty  song titles... I do not want to offend people on my messenger live list. 
Maybe configure the plugin to read a text file of the words to be censored out with other characters?

foo_wlm

Reply #77

Just a small query, is there a way to show a radio stream name as well as the artist and title please?

Also, a neat feature would be to auto censor swear/rude words if possible! Some of my MP3s have naughty  song titles... I do not want to offend people on my messenger live list. 
Maybe configure the plugin to read a text file of the words to be censored out with other characters?

Um, radio stream name? No I don't think so.

As for censoring, use the $replace(A,B,C) TF Function. To replace multiple words, I'd suppose you need to use $replace recursively o.O
:)

foo_wlm

Reply #78

As for censoring, use the $replace(A,B,C) TF Function. To replace multiple words, I'd suppose you need to use $replace recursively o.O

Thanks for the tips on censoring, I will give it a go.

As for showing the radio stream with the artist and song title, why not implement this feature in the future? AMIP plugin + Winamp does this (I couldn't get it to work as how I wanted it to in Foobar).

foo_wlm

Reply #79

Thanks for the tips on censoring, I will give it a go.

As for showing the radio stream with the artist and song title, why not implement this feature in the future? AMIP plugin + Winamp does this (I couldn't get it to work as how I wanted it to in Foobar).

Could you please give me a radio stream that has the artist/song title changing? The ones I listen to are static.
I'll see if its possible.

foo_wlm

Reply #80
Great plugin, thanks.

Although this is slightly off topic, I just uninstalled Windows Media Player from my fresh install of Windows 7. When I try to enable now playing display in WLM I get the error "This feature requires Windows Media Player 9 or later. To install the latest version of Windows Media Player, click Ok." which I obviously don't want to do. Anyone know how to get this functionality working again without reinstalling WMP?

foo_wlm

Reply #81
Well,it seems that wlm with the newest 14.0.8089.726 doesn't accept other words except "title" , "artist" and blank.

It can show %title% '-' %artist%'['%album%']' something complex on others' wlm,but now it only show %title% '-' %artist%.

It appears everything right at local.

For example, I set $if(%ispaused%,$char(9553)%artist%'['%album%']',$char(9835)%title% '-' %artist%'['%album%']') before , it appears both right format at local and others' wlm display .
But now it just display %title% '-' %artist% on others. Use $if(%ispaused%,,%title% '-' %artist%) where leave blank still works.

Does wlm restrict (all right at local display)it or can fix?

I love this plugin for it can show status and customer's style.
Hope it will be fixed.

foo_wlm

Reply #82
seem it only work with %title%  and %artist% in the live messenger v.14, and other codes work nothings with

foo_wlm

Reply #83
@the last two replies
please read the first post.
WLM 14.x restricts this only on the contact list.

However when you talk to your contacts (i.e. in a convo), your custom one is still shown.

Great plugin, thanks.

Although this is slightly off topic, I just uninstalled Windows Media Player from my fresh install of Windows 7. When I try to enable now playing display in WLM I get the error "This feature requires Windows Media Player 9 or later. To install the latest version of Windows Media Player, click Ok." which I obviously don't want to do. Anyone know how to get this functionality working again without reinstalling WMP?

iirc, unfortunately there is a dependency on WMP for this feature...

foo_wlm

Reply #85
WLM 14.x restricts this only on the contact list.

When i used AMIP, custom format was shown even in contacts list.

I guess it should be possible then.

Are you sure you're using the latest version of WLM?
I'll check AMIP out meanwhile.

edit: Okay I tested AMIP and saw it. Will find a way around it
edit2: I found out how AMIP does it, just toggling around with variables...I did this in a previous version but stopped it because it wasn't the way WMP does it and I followed WMP's format instead. I guess I'll revert now.

foo_wlm

Reply #86
1.1.0 available.
Allows compatibility with WLM 2009 - I know there are pros and cons to using this method that is used now, but I think the pros outweigh the cons (by a lot). For anyone who wants to know:

- Pros: You can customize your message
- Cons: When a contact clicks on your now playing song and the search popup comes out, it'll have the entire message there (i.e. if your now playing says "Title - Song (Album) (Paused)" the search query used is exactly the same).

I've to pick one...and I think most would prefer the former .

Note: There's an outstanding issue where there's an extra dash behind your message (this appears ONLY on the contact list. This is because Microsoft has fixed the format to be "title - artist" on the contact list and I'm using the title variable entirely to show the customized message). If this matters alot to you, please do not upgrade.

Also, I think I should be dropping support for versions below 14.x since everyone would have been forced to upgrade to it.

foo_wlm

Reply #87
Great job. Thanks! 
Disregard the constabulary.

foo_wlm

Reply #88
V 1.1.1 Released.

It has a workaround for the "issue" in 1.1.0.
It is now recommended to have a " - " pattern in your custom media message at least ONCE.
If you don't have this pattern, the same thing as in 1.1.0 will happen (a dash will be appended by WLM at the back, not my fault).

Of course, you can still use 1.0.9 but you won't have any custom formatting on your contact list .

Time to sleep *yawn*

foo_wlm

Reply #89
is it me or is the link to foo_wlm.zip down ?

foo_wlm

Reply #90
is it me or is the link to foo_wlm.zip down ?

Yes it's down atm.
My webhost had a network outage, they're in the process of restoring everything.

Here's the plugin as an attachment.

[host is working again, attachment removed]

foo_wlm

Reply #91
Thats a fast reply.

Thanks for the released ~!

foo_wlm

Reply #92
For some reason whenever I go to enable the feature in MSN, it tells me that MSN is closing and I need to close all my windows.  Then when it boots back up the feature still isn't working.  When I used Winamp it worked fine and I didn't have to restart MSN or anything.

I'm using the foo_wlm that is linked two posts above this one, and I'm on MSN 14.0 (It doesn't tell me to update or anything so I have a feeling I'm already using the latest.)

foo_wlm

Reply #93
For some reason whenever I go to enable the feature in MSN, it tells me that MSN is closing and I need to close all my windows.  Then when it boots back up the feature still isn't working.  When I used Winamp it worked fine and I didn't have to restart MSN or anything.

I'm using the foo_wlm that is linked two posts above this one, and I'm on MSN 14.0 (It doesn't tell me to update or anything so I have a feeling I'm already using the latest.)

Exact error code/mesasge?
And are you talking about the enable button in foobar2000 or on WLM?

Go to Help -> About to determine the version you're using

foo_wlm

Reply #94
There is no error message or anything.  Right when I go into MSN's option, and check "Show song information ... " and his apply MSN starts to restart.

I'm talking about the enable button on MSN.  Foobar says that it's enabled (Has a checked box)

MSN is 14.0.8064.206.
Foobar is 0.9.6.8.

foo_wlm

Reply #95
I'd suggest that you contact Microsoft for help on that.
I'm much certain that it isn't an issue on my side.
I can't reproduce it either.

And technically speaking, if you're able to get it to work on Winamp, it'll work here too because you have to enable that option on WLM for it to work on either players/plugins. I'd suggest you try it with Winamp again and see if you have that issue or not.

foo_wlm

Reply #96
Thanks for the plugin, too bad i didn't find it earlier. Finally displaying the correct info for streams
Currently on win7 x64 + foobar2k 0.9.6.9

About the 2 versions w/ and w/o workaround, why not make 2 branches, like, wlm 1.1.1a and wlm 1.1.1b respectively?
Because when you release a new version, it would mean people are forced to use the one with the workaround if they want a bug fixed.... if i understand the current situation correctly

foo_wlm

Reply #97
Thanks for the plugin, too bad i didn't find it earlier. Finally displaying the correct info for streams

About the 2 versions w/ and w/o workaround, why not make 2 branches, like, wlm 1.1.1a and wlm 1.1.1b respectively?
Because when you release a new version, it would mean people are forced to use the one with the workaround if they want a bug fixed.... if i understand the current situation correctly

Good idea!
I didn't think of that.

There aren't any differences between 1.1.1 and 1.0.9 anyway, except for the workaround .

I'll make the change as soon as I've the time!

foo_wlm

Reply #98

Good idea!
I didn't think of that.

There aren't any differences between 1.1.1 and 1.0.9 anyway, except for the workaround .

I'll make the change as soon as I've the time!

Great Job. 
Thank you again.

foo_wlm

Reply #99
Great plugin, thanks.

iirc, unfortunately there is a dependency on WMP for this feature...

Hi
It gives me the same problem, although i have the wmp in my win 7...
WLM 2009 14.0.8090.729
Win 7 Ult x86

Any thoughts??
Thank you in advance...