Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: foo_wlm (Read 176863 times) previous topic - next topic

foo_wlm

Reply #150
I've put the foo_wlm.dll in the folder foobar2000, but it doesn't work for me...

Can someone explain how to do ?

i've noticed today that this plug isnt working for me either, i think it maybe to do with using the latest windows live messenger but cant be sure.
tried using a previous version of the plug, no joy.

anyway, gwanto, have you recently updated your messenger also?
failing that, have you enabled it in preferences?

Lettme check. I haven't got an update notification from MS though.

Which version of WLM is this (help -> about)?
:)

foo_wlm

Reply #151
the version is 2009, build 14.0.8117.416, which is a different build to the one on my laptop which works fine.
hope this helps, if you need anymore info please let me know

foo_wlm

Reply #152
the version is 2009, build 14.0.8117.416, which is a different build to the one on my laptop which works fine.
hope this helps, if you need anymore info please let me know

We're using the same builds.
Could you please go to Tools -> Optional and ensure that "Show song information..." is checked?

foo_wlm

Reply #153
Could you please go to Tools -> Optional and ensure that "Show song information..." is checked?

yes, feature is enabled correctly in windows messenger.
i'm lost to why its stopped working, using foobar 1.1, wlm 1.1.7.
even tried installing the component into foobars component folder rather than the new user-components, still no joy.
im not sure what i could of installed (if anything) to stop this working, would you like a list of components?

thank you for your time

foo_wlm

Reply #154

yes, feature is enabled correctly in windows messenger.
i'm lost to why its stopped working, using foobar 1.1, wlm 1.1.7.
even tried installing the component into foobars component folder rather than the new user-components, still no joy.
im not sure what i could of installed (if anything) to stop this working, would you like a list of components?

thank you for your time

Sorry for the late reply.

Hmm, did you install any other component/software that sends messages to WLM? Let me know if you use Messenger Plus too.

foo_wlm

Reply #155
Sorry for the late reply.

Hmm, did you install any other component/software that sends messages to WLM? Let me know if you use Messenger Plus too.

no worries on the late reply.

i have no other programmes installed that send wlm messages out, & yes i have messenger plus installed, but this wasnt an issue i previous versions.

if i can provide any more info please let me know

thanks for your time

foo_wlm

Reply #156
does this plugin support the new windows live 2011?

edit: confirmed no problems

foo_wlm

Reply #157
does not work with my WLM 2011

foo_wlm

Reply #158
i can't seem to get this plugin to work... windows live asks me to install windows media player whenever i select "show what i'm listening to" is it possible to have this plugin work without having to install wmp?

i am using windows 7 64bit if that is relevant.

I think it's a requirement by WLM.
There might be a way to fake that WMP exists though, let me try and find out...

I would like to know this aswell, since I have the same problem.
The funny thing is that I have never checked that box, foo_wlm just stopped working after rebooting :S

foo_wlm

Reply #159
would it be possible to recompile a version for foobar v0.9.x?
upgrading to foobar v1.x breaks many plugins for me

foo_wlm

Reply #160
There is a rather weird problem I ran into recently.
I think it has something to do with how this plugin is passing the info to WLM.

Thing is, Trillian catches that info too and everything seems to work OK even with my Japanese tags.
But: I had to change my system locale (aka codepage for non-unicode applications) to Japanese and this broke the song info for Trillian while WLM2009 is still unaffected.

I have a friend with the same setup except that he hasn't changed the system locale - i can see his song info ungarbled on my contact list and when playing the same song in windows media player, Trillian can read the tags correctly, so it's definitely an issue Trillian is having with the output of the foo_wlm plugin. This is how it looks on my end atm:

Note how for some reason the title got pushed to the back? oO
The most crazy thing for me is that Trillian doesn't have any issues parsing it as long as i don't change system locale.

I know this plugin is for parsing the info to WLM and it does it's job, but could you please take a look at this and try to fix it? System locale shouldn't be affecting anything at all if everything is passed as utf-8

edit: btw, i just tried an alternative (AMIP) and exactly the same thing happens. I'm not sure it's the plugin or Trillian anymore =/

foo_wlm

Reply #161
i can't seem to get this plugin to work... windows live asks me to install windows media player whenever i select "show what i'm listening to" is it possible to have this plugin work without having to install wmp?

i am using windows 7 64bit if that is relevant.

I think it's a requirement by WLM.
There might be a way to fake that WMP exists though, let me try and find out...

I would like to know this aswell, since I have the same problem.
The funny thing is that I have never checked that box, foo_wlm just stopped working after rebooting :S

I just found out there is, actually. It does require some messing with the registry.

1. Run regedit

2. Create the key {6BF52A52-394A-11d3-B153-00C04F79FAA6} in HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Active Setup\Installed Components

3. Create these values:

Default="Microsoft Windows Media Player"
"Version"="10,0,0,3646"
"StubPath"="rundll32.exe advpack.dll,LaunchINFSection C:\WINDOWS\INF\wmp10.inf,PerUserStub"
"IsInstalled"=dword 1
"DontAsk"=dword 2
"Locale"="EN"
"ComponentId"="Microsoft Windows Media Player"

Worked for me. You still need to check the little box in WLM, but it won't ask you to install WMP anymore. (:

Also, thanks a lot for the plugin!

foo_wlm

Reply #162
@ChronoSphere: It's got to do with how Trillian handles things

@Niels, thanks for the nice little registry hack

foo_wlm

Reply #163
Hey got an issue here, sometimes it doesn't shows the current song thats playing even when i stop the song and start it again and other times is takes up to a minute to show the current song. I have to close both foobar and Wlm for it to work again.

I'm using a 64bit laptop with foobar2000 1.1.1 and  WLM 15.4.3508.1109 and the latest version of foo_wlm. Any assistant would be appreciated

foo_wlm

Reply #164
@ChronoSphere: It's got to do with how Trillian handles things

Yeah, seems my bug was accepted on the trillian bugtracker, so I guess they think the same. Thanks for the plugin once more and happy new year 

foo_wlm

Reply #165
Can someone post a link of version 1.1.5 please, this seems to be the only current version that works fully with WLM 2011  thanx

foo_wlm

Reply #167
Can someone post a link of version 1.1.5 please, this seems to be the only current version that works fully with WLM 2011  thanx

Haven been resisting the update - I guess I'll setup a VM soon for WLM2011.

foo_wlm

Reply #168
Hi all, this plugin is great. But sometimes when I switching tunes in Foobar2000 the info does not update itself on MSN Messenger. This is not a very important issue, but it would be cool if it could be fixed 

Foobar2000 version is: 1.1.4
Plugin-version is: 1.1.7
MSN Messenger version is: 14.0.8117.416 2009 (I don`t like the 2011 version)

I use these codelines: %artist% '-'  %title%

Thanks for any help

foo_wlm

Reply #169
Hi all, this plugin is great. But sometimes when I switching tunes in Foobar2000 the info does not update itself on MSN Messenger. This is not a very important issue, but it would be cool if it could be fixed 

Foobar2000 version is: 1.1.4
Plugin-version is: 1.1.7
MSN Messenger version is: 14.0.8117.416 2009 (I don`t like the 2011 version)

I use these codelines: %artist% '-'  %title%

Thanks for any help

Uploading 1.1.8 now...please try that.

foo_wlm

Reply #170
Thanks, but the new update of the plugin will not run with either FB2K 1.1.2 or 1.1.4.

foo_wlm

Reply #171
Thanks, but the new update of the plugin will not run with either FB2K 1.1.2 or 1.1.4.

Updated the download link...please try that .

Seems like VS2010 doesn't like to statically link anything o.O. went back to vs2008.

foo_wlm

Reply #172
Its updating the info on MSN Messenger better now  Thanks for your time

foo_wlm

Reply #173
Just updated from Foobar 1.1.2 + foo_wlm 1.1.7 to Foobar 1.1.4 + foo_wlm 1.1.8a. I got a **crash** on the first start.
When i started again after the crash (I clicked "normal start") it seems to be fine.

I started foobar with the /playpause switch (i always do)...
Anyway, I thought i'd report this.

If you want the crash dump let me know.

Recent events:
Watching: D:\Repository_Base\Accepted\Multimedia
Album list panel: initialised in 0.011 s
Audioscrobbler: Loaded
foo_wlm: Updated to 1.1.8
Opening track for playback: "D:\Repository_Base\Accepted\Multimedia\Album.cue" / index: 8

foo_wlm

Reply #174
Just updated from Foobar 1.1.2 + foo_wlm 1.1.7 to Foobar 1.1.4 + foo_wlm 1.1.8a. I got a **crash** on the first start.
When i started again after the crash (I clicked "normal start") it seems to be fine.

I started foobar with the /playpause switch (i always do)...
Anyway, I thought i'd report this.

If you want the crash dump let me know.

Recent events:
Watching: D:\Repository_Base\Accepted\Multimedia
Album list panel: initialised in 0.011 s
Audioscrobbler: Loaded
foo_wlm: Updated to 1.1.8
Opening track for playback: "D:\Repository_Base\Accepted\Multimedia\Album.cue" / index: 8

Please do send me the crash dump, can't repro on my side - thank you.