Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: foo_wlm (Read 176188 times) previous topic - next topic

foo_wlm

Reply #100
Thanks for the plugin, works perfectly on Windows 7 Ultimate X86 and latest Live Messenger here.

foo_wlm

Reply #101
Great plugin, thanks.

Although this is slightly off topic, I just uninstalled Windows Media Player from my fresh install of Windows 7. When I try to enable now playing display in WLM I get the error "This feature requires Windows Media Player 9 or later. To install the latest version of Windows Media Player, click Ok." which I obviously don't want to do. Anyone know how to get this functionality working again without reinstalling WMP?

iirc, unfortunately there is a dependency on WMP for this feature...

Hi
It gives me the same problem, although i have the wmp in my win 7...
WLM 2009 14.0.8090.729
Win 7 Ult x86

Any thoughts??
Thank you in advance...

Working already...
Uncheked in Windows Installs.. restart..
Cheked it again.. restart..
Working 100%
=)

foo_wlm

Reply #102
Excellent! foo_msnalt and the foo_gen one wouldn't load under v1.0 beta 3 (not compiled under updated SDK?).  This one works great.

foobar2000 v1.0 beta 3
Windows 7 x64
WLM Build 8.5.1302.1018 (this is the older gen of Windows Live, not the latest one that I refuse to move to for as long as possible)

Thanks!

foo_wlm

Reply #103
running win7 without WMP, and the MSN doesn't show the information (since i can't turn it on as it states i have no wmp installed)

is there a workaround for this?

foo_wlm

Reply #104
running win7 without WMP, and the MSN doesn't show the information (since i can't turn it on as it states i have no wmp installed)

is there a workaround for this?

No. MSN has a dependency on WMP.
:)

foo_wlm

Reply #105
Can this plug-in display non-ASCII characters on MSN? I didn't realize until now that WLM just displays ?'s for characters.

foo_wlm

Reply #106
Can this plug-in display non-ASCII characters on MSN? I didn't realize until now that WLM just displays ?'s for characters.

It can. I'm displaying my chinese characters fine.

foo_wlm

Reply #107
Could you please give me a radio stream that has the artist/song title changing? The ones I listen to are static.
I'll see if its possible.

http://stream002.radio.hu/mr2.mp3

It change the artist/song name, and the winamp can write it to msn pm. But i dont like winamp, Master, please help us 
I have this for winamp

Happy New Year   
or in hungarian
Boldog új évet !

foo_wlm

Reply #108
It change the artist/song name, and the winamp can write it to msn pm. But i dont like winamp, Master, please help us 
I have this for winamp

Hi,

Thanks for the link.

I just tested that stream you gave me.
The MSN Personal Message changes when the stream changes its title/artist ...

Does that not happen for you?

foo_wlm

Reply #109
ok, i solved the problem
i think i put a lots of junk addons to foobar, BUT i reinstalled, and now it works.
uops 
thanx

but another radio doesnt...

http://91.83.40.220:8000/zthjduds.mp3
it take a long time to write out ? - ? and nothing. i tried to winamp it can write out

foo_wlm

Reply #110
ok, i solved the problem
i think i put a lots of junk addons to foobar, BUT i reinstalled, and now it works.
uops 
thanx

but another radio doesnt...

http://91.83.40.220:8000/zthjduds.mp3
it take a long time to write out ? - ? and nothing. i tried to winamp it can write out

That would most likely be a problem with the stream or with foobar itself...
It doesn't update itself in the playlist either, unlike the previous stream you gave me. Nothing much I can do about it

foo_wlm

Reply #111
sorry for my little thing, but i cant understand one thing

when i listen http://91.83.40.220:8000/zthjduds.mp3  this radio, winamp write out "(Sláger Rádió) Internet Radio".

winamp use this:

$if(%ishttp%,%watitle%,$if2(%title%,$filepart(%filename%)))

and in the media info: "Stream name: Slager Radio"

in foobar... if i put a colums name between to %%, it can write out, but how can i link to "stream" colums ?? Or how can i make a "stream" columb (i made earlier a %play_count% but i cant found nothing from stream)

i hope you can understand me, my english is not to strong ... 

foo_wlm

Reply #112
Hi,

I just installed this plug-in with my fresh WIN 7, WLM and Foobar2000 V 0.9.6.9

I did put the .dll in the "components" folder in foobar, checked the display song in both Foobar and WLM. But i can't see anything on messenger.

I was just wondering if I have done something wrong or if there is a compatibility problem right now with the newest versions.

Maybe someone can spot it.

thx
Jeremy

*** EDIT ***

I found the problem, i was running WLM in "compatibility mode" to get the "notification icon of WLM". It did bug the plug in. So anyway just typing it down so it doesnt happen to anyone again

foo_wlm

Reply #113
Can you compile this component against the new SDK please?

foo_wlm

Reply #114
Download Link is not working

foo_wlm

Reply #116
Updated to 1.1.3.

There's no need to upgrade the plugin if you don't want to.
The only difference is the requirement for foobar2000 1.0 

I've left 1.1.1 there for download if anyone still uses any version below that.

foo_wlm

Reply #117
Plugin works perfectly on WLM, but I'm wondering why is it not working with Trillian 4 (which shows now playing info from WMP)?
last.fm/user/antropocentrio

foo_wlm

Reply #118
I can report the bug to the Cerulean Studios team if you so wish.

foo_wlm

Reply #120
Version 1.1.3 doesn't work for me with this error message: "Internal Error - please re-run the foobar2000 installer." Removing the plugin or reverting to 1.1.1 fixed the problem. I have Win7 x64, foobar2000 1.0.

foo_wlm

Reply #121
Aahh, yes, works like a charm. Thanks a lot, been looking for something like this after foo_msnalt stopped working!

foo_wlm

Reply #122
Version 1.1.3 doesn't work for me with this error message: "Internal Error - please re-run the foobar2000 installer."

Works fine here. Are you sure you didn't rename it when installing it?

foo_wlm

Reply #124
I really like the component but I was wondering if you would consider adding cover image updating (updates WLM display pic with foobar2000 cover image art) ?