Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Simpleton OGG Questions (Read 2928 times) previous topic - next topic

Simpleton OGG Questions

1) Does RC3 include Garf's 'tunings' from awhile back?

2) I would be interested in seeing where most ppl encode w/ RC3. e.g., for me, most tracks achieve 99% perceptual CD transparency somewhere between -q5 and -q6, sometimes -q4 or -q7+, depending on the track, of course. Do casual listening tests place most listeners here in the same category, or am I a deaf man? ;)

3) Is all this talk abt OGG achieving, approaching, or surpassing MPC quality just idle conjecture, or is there something to such claims (not that I care all that much - OGG serves my needs as it is. :)

Just curious. :)

Simpleton OGG Questions

Reply #1
1. The Garf Tunings from last fall were worked into rc3.
2. I've got the same general experience with encoding, except that my ears (and/or sound equipment) are slightly poorer than yours so I use a bit lower quality level on average.
3. Not mine to answer.  There has been a lot of recent discussion on ogg's ability to surpass mpc, however.  Check the recent threads from ogg and mpc forums.
God kills a kitten every time you encode with CBR 320

Simpleton OGG Questions

Reply #2
Originally posted by timcupery
1. The Garf Tunings from last fall were worked into rc3.

Partly, it seems. I have some problems clips that were the cause for and fixed by the gt versions, that are not so good with RC3.

Edit: About (3), I still prefer MPC myself. Now only if it were open and not patented

--
GCP