Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: columns_ui: automatic album rating (Read 2088 times) previous topic - next topic

columns_ui: automatic album rating

hi guys, i need some help.
i would like to set up a rating system for the albums, which should automatically calculate the average rating of the tracks the album contains.
i guess i can achieve this with columns_ui, but i can't spot the script to use in order to operate with the database. ie reading the value of the rating of the items with same album value.

at least, is there any function that can move the pointer to a given value of the index?
like: $index($add(%list_index% ,1),%rating%)
this would ideally output the rating of next item in DB

otherways, is there some other way of operating that calculation and storing the result somewhere in the file tags or DB, as to make it easily readable from columns_ui?

columns_ui: automatic album rating

Reply #1
i made a new search in the forum, more effective than the previous one, and find out that what i ask for is impossible.

i'm sorry for opening this useless topic. i think it may be deleted.