Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: My Columns UI config · FooSune (Read 190822 times) previous topic - next topic

My Columns UI config · FooSune

Reply #25
I followed the install instructions to a T on my laptop and am left with a foobar install that keeps crashing after more than 5 minutes use :/

Also, when searching for a song, say "michael jackson" it only returns one song out of the folder which contains all the albums songs. does this for whatever I search for

Reply #26
that is wierd... I haven't had any crashes. But apparently WSH panels is a not-so-stable component... It might be the cause. (and if it is, there is nothing I can do)
http://www.hydrogenaudio.org/forums/index....5814&hl=wsh

And about the search.. you mean when using the quicksearch box at the top of the playlist, right? Go to the components preferences and you can configure how it performs the search. In what fields, etc

also, you might try with a clean install and see if you still get the crashes and search errors

Reply #28
(so, Mr.Broly, if you wait just a little bit I'm going to look into it and probably make v.1.2 with embedded art working)

That's great. Your config rocks my socks. Keep up the good work.

Reply #29
I've now set it up on my main pc and it's fairly smooth.

with regards to quicksearch results, I'm guessing it's linked in to the "singles" issue you hilight.

search results that aren't part of a complete album are all punched together without a header. is there anyway to have each search result listed with it's albums header?

obviously tagging these as singles wouldn't work as they are part of a whole album

Reply #30
I know how to fix that fusen.

For some reason (might be a good one, I don't know), Sune sometimes uses if(%el_item_count%,1) instead of $if($strcmp(%comment%,'single'))

You need to change all apperances of if(%el_item_count%,1) to $if($strcmp(%comment%,'single')) and it will work the way you described. Change in ELPlaylist settings, under general, and under style in track list.

Thanks Sune for a great config btw!

Reply #31
Working. Great stuff, thx.

Reply #32
no, it's not a good reason ... it's something I added at some point to see if the "singles" thing could work out for everyone without having to add the tag, but I was sure I had removed that, I don't know why

I'm fixing it now (and replacing the cover image by and artwork panel), so if you wait a little bit you don't have to change it yourself

Also. I was thinking of adding another way to select playlists, instead of having only the playlists tabs that may not work for everyone. What would be better? a playlist dropdown?, a regular playlist switcher? any suggestions?

Reply #33
hey, sune about the open directory button not working still aint, however i replaced the last bit of your code with this ,Open Containing Folder,) and that works. Also, your sort by button at the top right does not work for me, i had to replace your code with your old one, and works again.

Reply #34
no, it's not a good reason ... it's something I added at some point to see if the "singles" thing could work out for everyone without having to add the tag, but I was sure I had removed that, I don't know why

I'm fixing it now (and replacing the cover image by and artwork panel), so if you wait a little bit you don't have to change it yourself

Also. I was thinking of adding another way to select playlists, instead of having only the playlists tabs that may not work for everyone. What would be better? a playlist dropdown?, a regular playlist switcher? any suggestions?

fofr manages pretty nicely to use a dropdown selector for playlists

Reply #35
hey, sune about the open directory button not working still aint, however i replaced the last bit of your code with this ,Open Containing Folder,) and that works. Also, your sort by button at the top right does not work for me, i had to replace your code with your old one, and works again.

oops. "open directory" is for a service I have for foo_run.  "Open containing folder" is the correct one. I'll change it

and the sort button, yeah, I changed it for the sort by fields dialogue, as it's more intuitive, but foo_utils is needed. I forgot to add it to the components list  (or should I leave the old dialogue?)

)

Reply #36

maybe change it to a hideable playlist switcher (with some nice title formatting)?

that's how I plan to do it anyway

Reply #37
Hey

How do you organise the main library panel to sort the album artist using stripperfix? (so it ignores "the" and "a" when sorting the library). I have tried going through every setting and changing it but it hasn't changed the main panel. I have managed it in the left hand side panel tho.

Reply #38
great config.

i have a small issue with the album art on the list view. some of the arts are not displayed correctly in case that  the number of rows are small (i.e. two tracks in the album, then the album image is being cut on the bottom).

i'm looking for a fix. but i have no experience on that stuff ....

best regards.

ps: where can i change the font size of the play time on the left top side?

Reply #41
nice work.
but
-WHS Panel 0.7.2 (foo_uie_whs_panel) link

is wsh but whs.
:-)

Reply #42
This is a great config sune, well done.

I was wondering though how I could change from using the Columns Playlist to the NG Playlist.

Never mind I figured it out.

Reply #43
Hey, I'm pretty new to Foobar, but I managed to get your set up working on mine.

I have all my music in specific directories (My Music/genre/artist/album) and I was wondering if it was possible to set up the panels on the hand side to display my directory structure?

Reply #44
sure, right click in the album list panel (second tab), and view > by directory structure

Reply #45
Haha, that simple. Thanks for your help.

Reply #46
wow, amazing config. i just have one little problem, example: i'm browsing an artist in a playlist, if i switch to another playlist and then switch back i have to search that artist again because it moves to the top, is there any way to change this?

is it possible to instead of creating a new playlist whenever i use search to just finding it in the same playlist?

can I add some more lyrics sites?

also, i don't have the calibri font and don't know where to get it :\

Reply #48
thank you!

Reply #49
version 1.2 is up, with some changes/fixes:

- Replaced album art image by an Artwork view panel that has more features and supports embedded images
- Changed artwork path in ElPlaylist. (now no one should have porblems with artwork not displaying, and images should not get cut off)
- Added a playlist switcher, on the left side panel
- Added a playlist dropdown that you can use instead of the playlist tabs. You can now switch between them, or use neither
- Fixed "open directory" button
- Fixed issue with group headers not showing when there is only one track inside the group.
- Changed the "sort by fields" button back to the regular "sort by" dialogue.

took longer than I expected because adding the Artwork view panel was a pain in the ***. Panel Splitter is sometimes clunky, especially when moving panels around, and there were redrawing issues everywhere when hiding/showing the artwork. (The bue bar under it was the key to solve it, but I almost went crazy figuring it out)