Skip to main content
Topic: Banned upon registration? (Read 5148 times) previous topic - next topic

Banned upon registration?

Hello, I was a fellow reader like most of you, but one day I decided to register in order to post a question in the FLAC section. After registering, and validating my account, it said I was banned until July 26, for absolutely no reason, and furthermore, gave me no reason. I would just like to know why I was banned in such a way? Thanks you so much. (Please do not think I am flaming, I merely would like to know, you know, curiosity.)

Reply #1
I suspect that this was because you used a GMail account to register;  HA didn't allow GMail accounts until recently.  Now, to hinder spammers, members signing up with free webmail account have to wait for a period before posting.

I guess using the term "ban" is not the best, but possibly the system is using inbuilt features - not specifically meant for the job - to accomplish the task.

Anyways:  welcome!
I'm on a horse.

Reply #2
I guess it was anti-spam quarantine.

Edit. Oh my, it's quarantine, not carantine

Reply #3
Ah, I got it. I thought I had done something wrong. Well, thanks for clearing that up!

Reply #4
I've gone through the same problem, and found another one: the support email mailer@hydrogenaudio.org doesn't work.

Reply #5
p.s. just talking about it is a bannable offense 

Reply #6
The registration form warns you about this. If you don't read the warning, well...

SimplePortal 1.0.0 RC1 © 2008-2019