Skip to main content
Topic: Recent tests Lame v QT v Nero @ ~128-145? (Read 3695 times) previous topic - next topic

Recent tests Lame v QT v Nero @ ~128-145?

Are there any recent listening tests comparing Lame, QuickTime and the Nero AAC encoder at bit rates in the general neighborhood of 128 - 145?

Reply #1
Not really.  There will be a public listening test against various mp3 encoders to help decide if Lame 3.98 will become the official recommended version of Lame.  After that, I imagine that a public listening test of various formats at 128kbps might be conducted.  I remember from the last 128kbps listening test that many users (including myself) had trouble properly ABXing some of the encoders at that bitrate.  I believe that some people want to drop the bitrate down to 96kbps for further testing.  I don't know if that will ever happen though.

On top of that, Nero is supposed to come out with their new/updated AAC encoder sometime very soon.  So right now would be a bad time for a multiformat listening test as Lame 3.98 was just released and Nero will soon be coming out with their newer AAC encoder.

Reply #2
I'm going to setup one of my future polls with various AAC codecs.
twitter.com/pika2000

SimplePortal 1.0.0 RC1 © 2008-2020