Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Good news for fans of Chicago . . . maybe. (Read 2412 times) previous topic - next topic

Good news for fans of Chicago . . . maybe.

This is actually more of a rant.

After, I don't know how long, Chicago's "lost" album Stone of Sisyphus has finally been officially released. I acquired a bootleg several years ago. The sound quality is sub-standard, but that's to be expected from a bootleg.

I was wetting my pants (figuratively) because I thought I could finally retire my old bootleg. Unfortunately, that is not the case. The song "Get On This", which is one of the better tunes on the album, was omitted from the official release for reasons unknown.

Of course, with RHINO, nothing surprises me. When RHINO reissued Chicago 16 and Chicago 17, there were a few songs that were substituted for their respective radio edits.

I am really torn. On one hand, I am pleased that this album finally been officially released. But on the other hand, it is incomplete.

Anyway, I'm done ranting.

Good news for fans of Chicago . . . maybe.

Reply #1
This is actually more of a rant.

After, I don't know how long, Chicago's "lost" album Stone of Sisyphus has finally been officially released. I acquired a bootleg several years ago. The sound quality is sub-standard, but that's to be expected from a bootleg.

I was wetting my pants (figuratively) because I thought I could finally retire my old bootleg. Unfortunately, that is not the case. The song "Get On This", which is one of the better tunes on the album, was omitted from the official release for reasons unknown.

Of course, with RHINO, nothing surprises me. When RHINO reissued Chicago 16 and Chicago 17, there were a few songs that were substituted for their respective radio edits.

I am really torn. On one hand, I am pleased that this album finally been officially released. But on the other hand, it is incomplete.

Anyway, I'm done ranting.

I will have to look into this! thanks for the tip. Chicago 17 is one of my personal favorites.  . I listen to it all of the time.
budding I.T professional