Skip to main content
Topic: Ripping single tracks with foobar (Read 2540 times) previous topic - next topic

Ripping single tracks with foobar

This will go down in history as the probably most stupid question ever asked here: How can I rip a single track with foobar?

I use foobar for a couple of years and have ripped many, many - yes many CDs. Still today I don't know how to rip a single track from a CD.

To make it clear: Let's say I have a CD with 14 tracks, and I want to rip track # 8. Only track # 8 that is. I know how to rip all CD-tracks as single files and I know how to rip a whole CD as an image. But one single track from several? It's really a shame, but I haven't figured out how to do it. I searched here and googled "ripping a single track with foobar"... didn't get an answer.

Any help greatly appreciated, thank you. I'm sure it's dead-easy, I just don't see the obvious thing.
Back off haters - strictly love we deal with.

Reply #1
load the tracks in the playlist, remove all tracks you dont want to burn, then burn the leftovers (or quicker, select 1 file then choose burn)(burn is also under your rightmousebutton)

(lol, where i said burn i meant rip...)

Reply #2
Load the CD into a playlist and use the converter (right-click, convert) to rip selected tracks.

(I think that's what Mar2zz intended to say, but for whatever reasing "burning" got stuck in his mind.)

Reply #3
load the tracks in the playlist, remove all tracks you dont want to burn, then burn the leftovers (or quicker, select 1 file then choose burn)(burn is also under your rightmousebutton)

Burn? I want to rip one single track (from a CD with many tracks that I have inserted in my cd-drive onto my harddrive). So it's rip, not burn.

But a wait-a-minute, I got it: I select "Open Audio CD", select "play" instead of "rip", choose the track I want to rip and right-click to "convert"... works like a charm, it rips only that particular track and converts it (to flac in my case).

I knew it was easy... but I always selected "Open Audio CD" and "rip" instead of "play".

Thank you!
Back off haters - strictly love we deal with.

SimplePortal 1.0.0 RC1 © 2008-2019