Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Lyrics Grabber Feedback & Discussion (Read 256336 times) previous topic - next topic

Lyrics Grabber Feedback & Discussion

Reply #200
this is a great plugin, i use it all the time

Reply #201
I found out today I can't download lyrics for any song. The site is online and the songs I want lyrics for are in their database.

Anyone else experiencing problems?

Reply #202
Works for me.
"Lifting Shadows Off a Dream"

Reply #203
2E7AH:
I tried all your genre-based pythonscripts, but they won't be imported.
It gives the following error:
Code: [Select]
foo_grabber_python:   File "C:\Program Files\foobar2000\pygrabber\scripts\LastFm_TrackTags.py", line 7
    def GetName(self):
      ^
IndentationError: expected an indented block

Every one of your genre scripts (also the discogs) gives this error (of course the path changes) when refreshing the scripts, so they won't be added.

Reply #204
Mar2zz, use proper editor that won't ruin the indentation of the code.

[edit] And I won't suggest using Last.fm tags as I said, but suit yourself

Reply #205
I am using notepad++ for creating the file. tried windows notepad too. it leaves out indentation completely (didn't know what that means, but I googletranslated it, and now I see what happens).

What editor are you using?

My plan was to use the discogs one, the last.fm tags was my last try.

Reply #206
I generally use SciTE, but I tried now with Notepad++ and it's OK also. Maybe you have changed some options in the editor: there shouldn't be TAB characters but spaces i.e.
Anyway if you can't manage it to work, I've uploaded those Discogs script in foobar uploads forum, you can find them ready-made

Reply #207
Thanx 2E7AH, for your always fast response and help!
I will look into that notepad++ option I maybe changed (or reinstall notepad), I want that to work as needed. If I can't find the solution to copying indentation I will use your uploads.

Reply #208
Hello T.P Wang!

A very minor suggestion:

Do you think it is a good idea to rename the "Python Scripts" context menu entry to "More Sources" or similar - somehow it is ugly to use technical aspects for naming.
Another point: I noticed that 2E7AH wrote some scripts that fetch info stored in tags other than "lyrics". Couldn't these scripts/sources get its own submenu under the root of context menu.

Reply #209
Lyricwiki doesn't seem to be working for me. Is the component affected by this? Or the move to wikia?

Reply #210
Lyricwiki doesn't seem to be working for me. Is the component affected by this? Or the move to wikia?

Yes, the recording labels killed the LyricWiki API, so this plugin no longer works with LyricWiki.

Reply #211
Could you try adding metal-archives.com ? They have got huge loads of lyrics which LyricsPlugin don`t have for any metal-related band.

Reply #212
Could you try adding metal-archives.com ? They have got huge loads of lyrics which LyricsPlugin don`t have for any metal-related band.

i also want this, if it can be done

Reply #213
T.P.Wang, foobar 1 context menu entries for python grabber doesn't show: any way to run scripts now?

Reply #214
Seems that I should update the legacy version, I'll check it later

Reply #215

Yes, the recording labels killed the LyricWiki API, so this plugin no longer works with LyricWiki.

Hello,

maybe you can change your plugin it to the following api-lyrics-service: lyricsfly.com

the following greasmonkeyscript for firefox uses the api from lyricsfly.com
http://userscripts.org/scripts/show/36102
It works for the last.fm page and showed the lyrics in the browser

and perhaps you can use it for your foobar2000 plugin too.

here is an example how it works:

Song: Rush – Freewill

GET /api/api.php?i=55562032656-reeloo.net/wordpress/lyrics-for-lastfm-radio&a=Rush&t=Freewill HTTP/1.1
Host: lyricsfly.com
User-Agent: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible) Greasemonkey
Accept: application/xml
Accept-Language: de,en-us;q=0.7,en;q=0.3
Accept-Encoding: gzip,deflate
Accept-Charset: ISO-8859-1,utf-8;q=0.7,*;q=0.7
Keep-Alive: 300
Connection: keep-alive

[21.11.2009 15:25:25:109]
HTTP/1.1 200 OK
Date: Sat, 21 Nov 2009 14:25:25 GMT
Server: Apache/2.0.52 (CentOS)
X-Powered-By: PHP/4.3.9
Content-Length: 4461
Connection: close
Content-Type: text/xml

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?><start>   <status>200</status><sg><cs>5dc6cf2720</cs><id>140427</id><ar>Rush</ar><tt>Freewill</tt><al>Different Stages</al><tx>There are those who think that

Life has nothing left to chance

A host of holy horrors

To direct our aimless dance

A planet of playthings, we dance on the strings

Of powers we cannot perceive

The stars aren't aligned or the Gods are malign

Blame is better to give than receive

[...cut...]

Reply #216
Any information on v1.0 compatibility?

Reply #217
Works.

Have you thought about adding metal-archives.com somehow in this plugin ? If there is not a way to do this, maybe you could contact them and find a solution ? They have a lots of lyrics for metal stuff that isn't on anywhere else.

Reply #218
Using 0.307a with python grabber and "work it does not" sry

edit: just tried v1.0b3 and plugin seems to work so its not a big deal

Reply #219
After it downloads the lyric doesnt appear how do I show it ?

Reply #220
Not sure why I can't get this to work correctly, and I don't have enough time to dig for an answer. Can someone help.

It won't find lyrics for any of my songs and I believe the reason why is that when it searches it is using the file type extension in the search. If you even try to manually search the lyricswiki site and include .ogg or .mp3 or whatever it gives no results. If you remove it it works.
I was under the impression this used the metadata for artist, title, etc. but doesn't look like it for me. If it did those fields are filled in correctly and it should work. I'm not about to change filenames and certainly will not remove file extensions.

Why is this happening and what can I do?

Reply #221
Just to update my last post. It looks like the lyricplugin does work for finding lyrics, but not the wiki. I'm really not sure why the wiki doesn't work though. Perhaps I'm the only one with the problem?

Reply #222
here are two scripts which can fetch GENRE and STYLE tags from Discogs and put them in appropriate tags on any number of files or maybe your whole library

speed isn't it strong side, but it functions like this:
from every track ARTIST and ALBUM tags are used to get the discogs release ID, which is chosen as the first from the response list, and then according to GENRE/STYLE tags they are written to files

Discogs_GetStyle.py

hello. ive used your getstyle script to get multi value tag for some of my albums. Ive reciever semi-colon delimitered strings and they are correctly inserted in genre tag (i want it this way)... problem is that i dont know why they are not seen as multi value. Not until i open explicit properties window rclick the genre line and choose "split value". the whole string stays the same but after saving tags they are seen by facets as multi value...

can it be somehow arranged that fields are seen as multi value right away? am i doing something wrong?

Reply #223
That's the way how python grabber writes results, it can't be done from the script except providing semicolon presence for manual splitting

Also you must be using foobar version prior 1.0 betas, because python grabber doesn't work there, but new versions has nice new feature:
If you select all your library go to preferences and select "split values" it changes only affected files and not all files as it was in prior versions

And you can do library search i.e. "genre HAS ;" then it will list all genre tags that aren't splitted

Reply #224
That's the way how python grabber writes results, it can't be done from the script except providing semicolon presence for manual splitting

Ok. i was thinking i was doing something wrong

Also you must be using foobar version prior 1.0 betas, because python grabber doesn't work there, but new versions has nice new feature:
If you select all your library go to preferences and select "split values" it changes only affected files and not all files as it was in prior versions

And you can do library search i.e. "genre HAS ;" then it will list all genre tags that aren't splitted

Em... just used PythonGrabber on 1.0b5 quite successfully