Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Intel/Universal binary WaveGain for OS X (Read 4599 times) previous topic - next topic

Intel/Universal binary WaveGain for OS X

Has anybody compiled WaveGain to work with OS X Leopard (UB or Intel)? The version compiled by Ken Nakamura over at RareWares is for PPC.

I've read the threads here at HA about first installing libsndfile, but I'm not having much luck. So if anybody has it handy I'd be glad if you could up it somewhere (zshare, drop.io) or ask Roberto to put it on RareWares.

Reply #1
I just compiled WaveGain 1.2.6 as a universal binary for you.
Just verified that it runs on Intel, not tested in any way else. Let me know if it works as expected.

Direct download

Edit: 5 days without any feedback if it works or not = link removed...

Reply #2
Hey, that's mighty nice of you! Thanks! Seems to roll, although I have no waves to try it with right now. You should link to it from here so that people find it. I've ended up on that page lotsa time when I've been looking for OS X binaries.

Reply #3
I just compiled WaveGain 1.2.6 as a universal binary for you.
Just verified that it runs on Intel, not tested in any way else. Let me know if it works as expected.

Direct download

I hope you don't mind but I've taken the liberty of adding this to Rarewares?

Reply #4
Hey, that's mighty nice of you! Thanks! Seems to roll, although I have no waves to try it with right now. You should link to it from here so that people find it. I've ended up on that page lotsa time when I've been looking for OS X binaries.
I would like some verification that it works as expected before I add it to my site.
Simply because the source code did not compile at all on Mac OS X, and I had to copy/modify several files before I succeeded. So I am not sure if it works 100% as expected.

I hope you don't mind but I've taken the liberty of adding this to Rarewares?

I don't mind at all. Thanks!

Reply #5
12345. You requested this software.
Perhaps you will be kind to give it a test as well?

Or else I will just remove it, as I don't want to spread potentially non working applications.

Edit: Guess not!

Reply #6
12345. You requested this software.
Perhaps you will be kind to give it a test as well?

Or else I will just remove it, as I don't want to spread potentially non working applications.

Edit: Guess not!
A couple of years later   
Yes, it works on Leopard. Haven't tried Snow Leo.