Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: From: Ripping: EAC or dBpoweramp? Final answer... (Read 6317 times) previous topic - next topic

A warning for posting in the wrong forum accidentally? ... without any explanation??? You gotta be kidding (or maybe not ...)
No one can be told what Ogg Vorbis is...you have to hear it for yourself
- Morpheus

Reply #1
A warning for posting in the wrong forum accidentally? ... without any explanation??? You gotta be kidding (or maybe not ...)

No seriously!  When I click on "Warn 33%" under my name the popup window reads, "TOS #6. When creating a new thread please pay attention to the forum in which you post. (Thread regarding the best ripper posted to FLAC forum!)."

Oh well.  No big deal.  But I feel that I'm on the crap list and I never intended to be!  New record for the minimum number of posts before getting a warning?
"He's a natural born world-shaker."  -Dragline

Reply #2
Begs the question ... Can moderators get warned for abuse of power?
No one can be told what Ogg Vorbis is...you have to hear it for yourself
- Morpheus

Reply #3
I pulled this out of the recycle bin to respond.

By registering you agree to abide by the Terms of Service.  If you aren't sure about the meaning of any of them feel free to ask in the Site Related Discussion Forum. Ignorance of the rules is not an excuse!!!

No seriously!  When I click on "Warn 33%" under my name the popup window reads, "TOS #6. When creating a new thread please pay attention to the forum in which you post. (Thread regarding the best ripper posted to FLAC forum!)."
If you wish to discuss your warning level, this is to be done privately with a member of the moderation or administration team.  Discussing this publicly is a violation of TOS #7.

New record for the minimum number of posts before getting a warning?
There have been plenty of people warned after their very first post, some have even been banned after a single post, so the answer to your question is no.

Begs the question ... Can moderators get warned for abuse of power?
It can be taken up with an administrator via private message, but I guarantee nothing will be done about it in this situation, as it was not an "abuse of power".

Reply #4
Sorry everyone.

I am CERTAINLY not trying to stir the pot...
"He's a natural born world-shaker."  -Dragline