Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: DMX 6fire and Soltek SL-75KAV (Read 2205 times) previous topic - next topic

DMX 6fire and Soltek SL-75KAV

TerraTec DMX 6fire LT soundcard works perfectly on KT3 Ultra-ARU (KT333-based) and when I put it into my brother's Soltek SL75-KAV (KT133A) it crackles a lot. I don't know why, because his TerraTec DMX Xfire 1024 works excellent (I tried putting both cards and replacing Xfire with 6fire - same problem).

Xfire (card that works) is based on CS4624.
6fire (card that doesn't work) is based on Envy24 (VIA Envy24 which doesn't work on VIA KT133A).

Any suggestions? VIA PCI Latency patch doesn't help.

DMX 6fire and Soltek SL-75KAV

Reply #1
once i had inexplicable audio crackle problems with my sblive5.1.  turns out it was because i was using a pci video card temporarily, while my gf4 was out for repair.  I don't know whether your running pci or agp for video, but my solution might help anyway: turn down directx acceleration for the vid card.  Thats the only way I could get no crackles.  thank god my gf4 came back though