Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: i want a new soundcard (Read 2845 times) previous topic - next topic

i want a new soundcard

i've been looking at the terratec range of soundcards, particularly the dmx 6fire lt and the aureon 7.1 space.

is the dmx 6fire lt a good choice?  does anybody know if the actual analogue outs are 24-bit/96khz capable?

also, would the aureon 7.1 be worth the extra cash?  (i'm pretty strapped as it is!)

gonna be using it mainly for music listening and occasional games and possibly movies too.

thanks in advance... 
Dan

i want a new soundcard

Reply #1
DMX 6fire has analog outputs at 24/96 too, as well as internal processing.
Not sure that Aureon is worth extra cash, because I haven't heard/tested it, but go for M-Audio Revolution 7.1 instead if you want Envy24HT based soundcard - it is cheaper than Aureon.

i want a new soundcard

Reply #3
thanks for the replies

do you know of a uk distributor for the m-audio revo?
Dan

i want a new soundcard

Reply #4
looking at the cards, the terratec 6fire looks like it has better clearance between the audio jacks (kind of essential with the cables i've got), plus optical in and out, which the m-audio revo does not appear to have.

is the audio/driver quality comparable as i'd prefer the connectors on the terratec?
Dan

i want a new soundcard

Reply #5
also, would the aureon 7.1 be worth the extra cash?  (i'm pretty strapped as it is!)

Hmm.. Here (Germany, Austria, ...) Aureon Space 7.1 is sold at around the same price as the 6fire LT (130€), while the 5.1 Sky version is already cheaper (115€). And it's probably easier to find in a shop around the corner than the Revolution.

Anyway, both, the Aureon and Revolution, aren't widely used yet, so there aren't much customer experiences yet.