Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Id3-tagger for mpc\'s? (Read 5211 times) previous topic - next topic

Id3-tagger for mpc\'s?

Dear MPC users-

have you come across a tagging utility that has support for our beloved mpc's? I use MAC which works to a certain extent, but I'd love to find a program with more features, such as

*automatic tagging from filenames
*the other way around
*generation of relative playlists

and so forth. It seems most of the utilities I've found only wants to deal with mp3's.

Oh, and if you know of an easy way to make playlists relative without any fancy programs, please let me know.

Cheers,

Uosdwis

Id3-tagger for mpc\'s?

Reply #1
There is a program called Mpeg Audio Collection ( http://j-faul.virtualave.net/ ) which may do what you are looking for.  I personally haven't tried it yet, but I think it might be what you are wanting.

Id3-tagger for mpc\'s?

Reply #2
Whoa, quick reply.

MAC is actually short for Mpeg Audio Collection.  Sorry 'bout that.

You should give it a try - it's really good. Excellent for keeping track on multiple volumes of encoded music.
But, as I was saying, the tagging capabilities are a little thin.

Cheers,

Uosdwis

Id3-tagger for mpc\'s?

Reply #3
Originally posted by Uosdwis R. Dewoh
Whoa, quick reply.

MAC is actually short for Mpeg Audio Collection.  Sorry 'bout that.

Oops.. completely missed that..

Another good reason not to post when you are tired:tired:

Id3-tagger for mpc\'s?

Reply #4
http://orlsoft.km.ru/osmpx_eng.asp
Here you can download free grabber-tagger-renamer
for some audio formats including MPC.

It's cool program support IDv2 for MPC!
Yes,  IDv2!!! Insallation including beta version of
new winamp plugin for support IDv2!

Id3-tagger for mpc\'s?

Reply #5
It's cool program support IDv2 for MPC! 
Yes, IDv2!!! Insallation including beta version of 
new winamp plugin for support IDv2!

last time i checked, the MPC plugin for Winamp choked everytime that an ID3v2 tag was present on the encoded MPC file.  is this already taken care of?  i wish i could use ID3v2 tags because of the damn size limitation of the ID3v1.1 tags.

MyMaster

Id3-tagger for mpc\'s?

Reply #6
Yes, now plugin work correctly but it not official!!!
You can us it on your own risk.
Plugin include in OSMPX installation.

Id3-tagger for mpc\'s?

Reply #7
Thanks for the tip, t_vitaly!

I downloaded the program and found it quite useful. Some of the features I'm after are not there, but it'll do for now.

Oh, and I later found that Winamp-generated playlists are in fact relative. I minor mishap led me to believe they were not, hence my question.

Cheers,

Uosdwis

Id3-tagger for mpc\'s?

Reply #8
The seek facility of the OSMPX beta mpc-plugin doesn't work on files with id3v2 tags though...

Id3-tagger for mpc\'s?

Reply #9
I told you - It's just beta version