Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Columns UI: now-playing custom highlighting (Read 8148 times) previous topic - next topic

Columns UI: now-playing custom highlighting

is it possible to customize the highlight of nowplaying track in columns_ui playlist?

i would like the playing track line to be highlighted in a box in wich tag infos and mini album art are shown. it shouldn't match with columns featured in columns_ui playlist.

Reply #1
Can you be more specific about what you are trying to accomplish? Maybe draw a picture?

You should be able to color the now playing track in a columns playlist by using a combination of $if(%isplaying%,) and $set_style().

You cannot display album art in a columns playlist.

Reply #2
Can you be more specific about what you are trying to accomplish? Maybe draw a picture?

You should be able to color the now playing track in a columns playlist by using a combination of $if(%isplaying%,) and $set_style().

You cannot display album art in a columns playlist.

since i can't have an album art in the columns playlist, i change my mind and got to this setup.

the coverflow is auto-hiding
now i wanna color it. the problem comes with the seekbar and the buttons background. how can i change their color?

thanks

Reply #3
i want to turn black all "menu" parts that are grey now

Reply #4

where is the script i have to edit? columns ui global?
can somebody post or link any example? title formatting guide didn't help that much

i've some problems even editing a track display panel...(in fact i can't set an rgb color to background).

Reply #5
You add that script to either CUI global style tab or to a particular column's style tab (make sure to enable "custom style" for the column if you do this.)

Example usage would be:

Code: [Select]
$if(%isplaying%,
//Playing background color
$set_style(back,$rgb(200,200,200,220,220,220)),
//Normal background color
$set_style(back,$rgb(190,190,200,210,210,220)))

* The rgb syntax is as described in titleformat reference

I've some problems even editing a track display panel...(in fact i can't set an rgb color to background).

Foo_uie_trackinfo doesn't support colors or fonts etc. Use foo_uie_trackinfo instead.

Reply #6
ok thank you. i'm learning how to edit that scripts

is it possible to edit fonts in columns using custom style spec? $font(,,,) doesn't work

Reply #7
You add that script to either CUI global style tab or to a particular column's style tab (make sure to enable "custom style" for the column if you do this.)

Example usage would be:

$if(%isplaying%,
//Playing background color
$set_style(back,$rgb(200,200,200,220,220,220)),
//Normal background color
$set_style(back,$rgb(190,190,200,210,210,220)))

* The rgb syntax is as described in titleformat reference

hmmm, i tried this in columnui and it highlighted the entire playlist (0.9.5), not the single track.
how would one highlight only the track currently playing?

Reply #8
hmmm, i tried this in columnui and it highlighted the entire playlist (0.9.5), not the single track.
how would one highlight only the track currently playing?

now i'm learning how this script works, but still i can't find how to manage globals script. i think i could easily edit every single column in the same style but i don't like this kind of workaround

Reply #9
You can change the playlist font from File> Preferences> Display> Columns UI> Playlist View> "Colours and Fonts" Tab. You cannot change the fonts from code for that you might want to try SingleColumnPlaylist (Which will allow album art in the playlist also).

You can manage the global style script from File> Preferences> Display> Columns UI> Playlist View> "Globals" Tab. Basically all columns will use any style script specified there, then if "
  • Use custom style script" is checked under the "Columns" Tab, "Scripts" subtab for the column.. it will use the script defined in the "Style" sub-subtab for that column.

Reply #10
You can change the playlist font from File> Preferences> Display> Columns UI> Playlist View> "Colours and Fonts" Tab. You cannot change the fonts from code for that you might want to try SingleColumnPlaylist (Which will allow album art in the playlist also).

You can manage the global style script from File> Preferences> Display> Columns UI> Playlist View> "Globals" Tab. Basically all columns will use any style script specified there, then if "
  • Use custom style script" is checked under the "Columns" Tab, "Scripts" subtab for the column.. it will use the script defined in the "Style" sub-subtab for that column.

this is clear, thanks
so i suppose i can't use different fonts in different columns..

i had to replace the banned foo_rating since it's unstable, and edited a code i found in this forum to make my own colored rating marks
$if(%_selected%,$textcolor(0,0,0),

$ifequal(%rating%,9,$rgb(74,0,0)?,

$ifgreater(%rating%,5,
$repeat($transition(?,$rgb(255,255,0),$rgb(255,220,3)),$add(%rating%,0)),

$ifgreater(%rating%,4,
$repeat($transition(?,$rgb(255,255,0),$rgb(253,203,2)),$add(%rating%,0))?,

$ifgreater(%rating%,3,
$repeat($transition(?,$rgb(255,255,0),$rgb(251,176,4)),$add(%rating%,0))??,

$ifgreater(%rating%,2,
$repeat($transition(?,$rgb(255,255,0),$rgb(250,146,5)),$add(%rating%,0))???,

$ifgreater(%rating%,1,
$repeat($transition(?,$rgb(255,255,0),$rgb(250,103,5)),$add(%rating%,0))????,

$ifgreater(%rating%,0,
$repeat($transition(?,$rgb(255,255,0),$rgb(252,28,3)),$add(%rating%,0))?????,??????
))))))))

i used $transition thinking to draw a 3d effect, but didn't get that result... at least it's simple to choose beetwen small gradients of the same color
i use quicktagger and keyboard shortcuts to rate a selected track. i assign rating from 0 to 6 and a 9 mark means a useless track (like a clone)

now i would like to change selected text color in rating column, making those hearts characters black o white instead of yellow-reverse (..blue)

Reply #11
PS: i'm using single column playlist to easily navigate the library with album list panel... this way:

sadly, when i change a the single column playlist, the full columns playlist changes too. the player keeps on playng the previous playlist, but if i want to see it i must switch to it by playlist switcher...
how can i make them display 2 different playlists?
i want to see a nowplayng playlist in the columnS... WMP style