Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: FAAD critical bug in low power SBR mode (Read 2272 times) previous topic - next topic

FAAD critical bug in low power SBR mode

With either faad 2.5 or 2.6, I find that when faad runs in low power SBR mode, it creates incorrect value in certain band of time-frequency array. This can be observed with Cooledit, with which you will be able to see spectrum of any time domain signal. Has anyone ever noticed this?

To explain what I mean, it's better to check the stream al_sbr_e_32_2.mp4 which is from SBR conformance stream package. Faad creates an intensive band both in the middle of the spectrum and the top part, the latter of which is actually a result of replication of low frequency band. These two highlight bands does not exist in reference waveforms within conformance package. Neither do they exist if iso reference software or 3GPP decoder is used.

I find this critical bug in faad 2.5 and assume that it can be fixed in later version. But so far, 2.6 is nothing different. Any one here know which part of faad brings this bug? How can I fix it? Thank you!