Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: [0.9.5] Conflicts with single-letter keyboard shortcuts (Read 6388 times) previous topic - next topic

[0.9.5] Conflicts with single-letter keyboard shortcuts

I'm not sure wether it was announced earlier but keyboard short cuts breaks renaming of playlist
Uh, an example to generate this issue (using foobar2000 0.9.5 beta 2)

1- Go to the Preferences
2- Set a keyboard short-cut "C" to "playback->next"
3- Go to the main screen, play a song and try to rename a playlist to "clou" (F2 at playlist name)
    As you'll see (probably) by pressing the 'c' of "clou"
    the song will jump to the next song and won't enter the 'c' of "clou" in the renaming field

Oh yeah, good job rephrasing the no album path in Preferences->Advanced Treelist::Display
It really clear right now.

Reply #1
I'm not sure wether it was announced earlier but keyboard short cuts breaks renaming of playlist

Please read the release notes.

Reply #2
keyboard shortcuts used to be disabled when i do playlist search (Ctrl+F)

now it seems they are enabled, so i can't really search (because I have a lot of single key keystrokes enabled)

so I guess my feature request is
to be able to disable keyboard shortcuts during Playlist Search (Ctrl +F) similar to how Quick Search (Ctrl+E) does.
I'd be totally happy with just a toggle checkbox somewhere in preferences

Thanks

Reply #4
Bug: Using playlist search, you can't type characters that's also set as hotkeys.

Reply #5
NOT A BUG.
read the release notes (ie the bottom of the first post in this thread)
elevatorladylevitateme

Reply #6
NOT A BUG.

Not a bug but still annoying. I used to have one character shortcuts and they could be even more handy now that I have a broken collarbone and have to type with one hand  but they seem to interfere with search even under columns ui.

Reply #7
Bug: Using playlist search, you can't type characters that's also set as hotkeys.
NOT A BUG.

Not a bug but still annoying. I used to have one character shortcuts and they could be even more handy now that I have a broken collarbone and have to type with one hand

request: can non global Hotkeys be disabled in the search window (F3) please?
In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice. In practice there is.

Reply #8
When I activate the Search function([main]->Edit->Search] and type in the text box the other keyboard shortcuts aren't blocked so, for example, when I press the U key my assigned "Update" command for playlist binding is executed.

Reply #9
When I activate the Search function([main]->Edit->Search] and type in the text box the other keyboard shortcuts aren't blocked so, for example, when I press the U key my assigned "Update" command for playlist binding is executed.

From the Release Notes
Keyboard shortcuts

In order to minimize potential interference with typing in the new Default User Interface, existing single-letter shortcuts without Alt or Control modifier keys are removed on the first run after installing 0.9.5. Manually re-adding these shortcuts, while possible, is not recommended due to the issues stated above.
Windows 10 Pro x64 // foobar2000 1.3.10

Reply #10
Keyboard shortcuts

In order to minimize potential interference with typing in the new Default User Interface, existing single-letter shortcuts without Alt or Control modifier keys are removed on the first run after installing 0.9.5. Manually re-adding these shortcuts, while possible, is not recommended due to the issues stated above.

If this only interfere with the new elements ui why not revert back to the old behavior if another UI is used? I really don't like not being able to control foobar without modifiers when foobar is active. The keyboard shortcuts worked fine before, why mess it up.

Reply #11
Since the new beta, the Keyboard Shortcut for Search isn't working anymore. In the configuration the 'Action' field is written 'Action not found' and the search item in [main] -> Edit is gone. o.O
What am I doing wrong?

Reply #12
The Playlist Search dialog is provided by the Default User Interface. Looks like you have removed it.

Reply #13
Yes, indeed. Thanks for your help, Frank!

Reply #14

From the Release Notes

The releasenotes are about removed shortcuts during installation with a pre-095 config file.

The point is, that (atm) it seems to be only a problem in the searchlist, while e.g. in tags (properties) there is no problem. So it would be nice to look a little bit further and "free" the searchlist from activating non-global hot-keys.
In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice. In practice there is.

Reply #15
The new version 0.9.5 is GREAT! Though i find quite disappointing the keyboard shortcut limitations. When in search mode (the good old F3 key) the keys pressed interact with the main window and this is frankly no good at all. This forces the user to map all the keys again, but much worse to use always modifiers wich btw causes inconveniences:

- the Alt modifier interfere with the menubar menues (i cannot use for example Alt+F cause this would open the File menu, or Alt+E or alt+P and so on)

- it's uncomfy to map the letters with Ctrl modifier because for simple time skipping or volume up and down would be mnice to use arrow left and arrow right or + and -, but if i use the arrows i cannot go back and forth in the search textbox cause instead i fast forward the song i'm listening.

I know it's not a bug, but it's a weird programming method cause it's not logical that a window with the focus sends key pressed to the underlying window.

I hope this will be changed.
No Foobar? No music

Reply #16
- suggestion: keyboard shortcuts should be ignored when cursor is in text field.