Skip to main content
Topic: sharing files off of a CD-R (Read 2404 times) previous topic - next topic

sharing files off of a CD-R

don't know if this has been asked before but...

if someone wanted to save some space on their harddrive would it be possible to share file over a p2p network just by putting some mp3's on a disc and share from your cd-rom? the only bad thing about it would be if you wanted to share lots of files you would have to encode them at 128kbps.

Reply #1
Yeah, you can do this with winmx anyway. Just add the files on the drive to your shared file list.

Reply #2
Sure you can, but I wouldn't recommend it since it will eventually damage some of the parts in the CD-ROM when heat is beginning to build up...

Reply #3
Sure you can, but I wouldn't recommend it since it will eventually damage some of the parts in the CD-ROM when heat is beginning to build up...

That also depends on the drive speed and the drive brand. Usually, faster drive= more heat.
My 2 drives don't heat a crap the discs as they don't spin too fast.

Reply #4
yeah maybe it's not a good idea since my discs spin very fast. when i take them out they are so hot you could cook an egg em. oh well, thanks for your answers.

Reply #5
yeah maybe it's not a good idea since my discs spin very fast. when i take them out they are so hot you could cook an egg em. oh well, thanks for your answers.

You can lower the speed using nero drive speed:

http://www.cdspeed2000.com/go.php3?link=download.html

SimplePortal 1.0.0 RC1 © 2008-2019