Skip to main content
Topic: Lastfm Loved tracks after Foobar2000 v.1.2.9 (Read 2394 times) previous topic - next topic

Lastfm Loved tracks after Foobar2000 v.1.2.9

I have just  upgraded from version 1.2.9 to 1.3.7. I previously had the ability to love tracks to LastFm and was able see that they were loved using the customdb plugin. Since this is no longer compatible with later versions of Foobar2000, how do I see that I have loved a particular track? I used to be able to create a playlist from loved tracks. I understand that compatibility issues have made the latest versions crash. Is there a solution using the latest software?

Reply #1
foo_customdb works just fine with the latest version of foobar. the component itself only crashes when using the default configuration. when using a custom config such as the one i supply with the last.fm script, it is absolutely rock solid. nothing has changed in recent foobar versions to affect it.

if you're using an older version of the script, it will have stopped updating recently because i changed the last.fm api key it uses. you would have seen messages about this if you looked in the foobar console. notes on how to get around this can be found here:

http://marc2003.x10host.com/updates

Reply #2
Marc2003,

I have followed yourinstructions but get this error.

Error: foo_playcount_sql: Error HR 0x80040154 file.PlayStat_DB.cpp line 291

Reply #3
foo_playcount_sql is a completely different unrelated component and is not needed for this script to work. you will not find any reference to it in any instructions of mine.

Reply #4
I have removed that component.

However, there still seems to be an error associated with playcount_sync.

Last.fm Playcount Sync: Contacting Last.fm....
Last.fm Playcount Sync: Last.fm responded ok. Attempting to update playcount...
Last.fm Playcount Sync: Database error. Playcount not updated.

I used to use buttons to love or unlove tracks.

I am not sure what mechanism there is to do that now.

Regards,

trebordean

Reply #5
what i need to do is put a proper troubleshooting section on the web page. it should be up by this time tomorrow. i'll update the thread with a link.

Reply #6
i've updated the script to try and detect when more things are wrong/give feedback so the first thing you should do is right click the icon>Update script.

this webpage has also been updated with a little more info under Troubleshooting.

http://marc2003.x10host.com/lastfm-playcount-sync

Reply #7
Unfortunately the latest change it now crashes Foobar2000.
Couldn't even update the script.

Extract from log below.

Recent events:
Custom Database: library routine called out of sequence (21)
Custom Database: unknown error (21)

If you need the full log, I'll post it.

Regards,

trebordean

Reply #8
those are errors from the foo_customdb component and there isn't anything i can do about that. i think it chokes on particularly large collections if you're using autoplaylists with the last.fm data.

edit: i found this old post....

Thanks for the answer. I've done a deeper research: re-imported whole library from last.fm (~650 pages)), removed all playlists and got 1.3 working fine.

So I've found autoplaylist causing crashes:
(%PLAY_COUNT% GREATER 0 AND %length% LESS 00:09:00 AND %length% GREATER 00:01:30) ~ 19030 works fine
comparing to
(%LASTFM_PLAYCOUNT_DB% GREATER 0 AND %PLAY_COUNT% GREATER 0 AND %length% LESS 00:09:00 AND %length% GREATER 00:01:30)
causing crashes and a lot of 'Custom Database: library routine called out of sequence (21)' messages

65,000 tracks seems to be ok until you start using autoplaylists. one that returns 19000 result seems ok but the next query generated that error but it doesn't say how many tracks caused that?? anyway, it doesn't matter that much as i still can't do anything about it. i suppose i should add a disclaimer to the webpage.

Reply #9
OK. Thanks for trying to hep.

I have gone back to my older Foobar version 1.2.9 and, reset all the previous configs etc.

It still works and with around 60,000 tracks.

Regards,

trebordean

Reply #10
sorry i couldn't help any further. could you just confirm if you were using autoplaylists based on the last.fm data? i'm trying to find the cut-off point where it becomes unusable. there isn't anything i can do about it but it would be handy for future reference.

Reply #11
Yes I do. I like to keep track of my loved tracks using the auto playlist function.

I also have other auto playlists using LastFM data.

It's odd that the older version of Foobar2000 works whilst anything newer doesn't.

SimplePortal 1.0.0 RC1 © 2008-2020