Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: foobar2000 0.9.5 beta 9 (Read 276524 times) previous topic - next topic

foobar2000 0.9.5 beta 9

Reply #125
Nice work, but isn't it possible to give all the metadata in the selection properties, so also the data that I have entered myself? Or maybe make it possible to customize this window?

Great new interface by the way

foobar2000 0.9.5 beta 9

Reply #126
new foobar is just *AMAZING*...
ALBUMART from the tag just kicked the world's butt !!!
Fantastic player and audio file manager.

foobar2000 0.9.5 beta 9

Reply #127
Nice work, but isn't it possible to give all the metadata in the selection properties, so also the data that I have entered myself? Or maybe make it possible to customize this window?

Great new interface by the way

Add your metadatas to the string in Foobar Preferences -> Advanced -> Display -> Propesties Dialog -> Standard Fields. IOW it uses the same config as Properties Dialog's Standard Fields.

foobar2000 0.9.5 beta 9

Reply #128
Is there any way to turn off albums and tracks counter in Album list ???

foobar2000 0.9.5 beta 9

Reply #129
I noticed when you add 2 toolbar headers and restart foobar one header dissapears.

Also it's impossible for me to switch windows when foobar is maximalised. So when I want to look up something on say firefox I need to minimalise foobar before I can do this.

foobar2000 0.9.5 beta 9

Reply #130
Great work guys

I was scared it would take me a week to transfer old layout to new foobar, but it took like half an hour.

Thanks

foobar2000 0.9.5 beta 9

Reply #131
.. he does not wish to include in 0.9.5 and possibly not even in later versions. Examples for this are extended formatting capabilities in the playlist view (tab and color rendering found in the status bar and in old versions) ...

Coloring is what I miss in the new playlistview. If the old $rgb() will not be supported, the possibility of setting the font color for each column (in the playlist view) would be great.

BTW. very nice to have the advanced setting "thread count" for the converter. (With the availability of Quad-core CPUs the harddisk would become so stressed that there would be hardly speed gain.)
In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice. In practice there is.

foobar2000 0.9.5 beta 9

Reply #132
b. how do i right align data in custom column?

I also would like to know if it is possible. $tab() does not seams to work and I can't think of another way to do it. I would like to create a custom duration column aligned right with a * when replay gain data is missing.

foobar2000 0.9.5 beta 9

Reply #133
Is it possible to sort groups on something else than is displayed.
I have the catalog number/ album and artist displayed but I would like to first sort on date before the rest. I also don't want the date displayed before the catalog number in the group. Is this possible? or can it be made possible?

foobar2000 0.9.5 beta 9

Reply #134
b. how do i right align data in custom column?

I also would like to know if it is possible. $tab() does not seams to work and I can't think of another way to do it. I would like to create a custom duration column aligned right with a * when replay gain data is missing.

That is not possible at the moment. Custom columns are always left-aligned. I'll add it as a known feature proposal.

foobar2000 0.9.5 beta 9

Reply #135
Excellent. It took a couple of minutes to get used to, but the scratchbox is my best friend. I've never been more pleased with the customisation in f2k.

foobar2000 0.9.5 beta 9

Reply #136
In order to add a toolbar header to an Element, you have to choose "Replace UI Element..." and then choose Toolbar head from a prompt titled "Replace xxxxx with..."

This doesn't seem to be the most intuitive way to add a toolbar header that doesn't replace anything, IMO.

[edit]
Furthermore, in the "Replace xxxxx with..." prompt, for the Toolbar header the description reads "Adds a toolbar to another UI Element." Which may be an attempt to clarify the above problem (although it's a bandage, not a cure), but this description causes another discrepancy: If I cut and paste an element that has a toolbar header, the toolbar header does not move and is not effected, which leads me to believe that it is actually added to the container, and not the actual element, as the description reads.

So really, the current implementation is really confusing.

Simpler solutions would be:
  • Either the toolbar headers need to actually belong to the UI Element (that is move with them) and we need a separate way of enabling this separate idea,
  • or they should become their own UI element outright, and require a splitter, as all other elements do.
elevatorladylevitateme

foobar2000 0.9.5 beta 9

Reply #137
Could we possibly have changeable buttons on the toolbar?

What is the syntax for images/resources/colour changes in the playlist?
hi

foobar2000 0.9.5 beta 9

Reply #138
Both already listed here.

It wouldn't hurt to actually read that before posting feature requests. 

foobar2000 0.9.5 beta 9

Reply #139
I've never tried scripting before and enjoyed the easy columns ui and album art. First thing to say, yay finally noobs can get awesome layouts as well.

Now we get to the 'problem'
I see the album art is covered as cover art. Great, no need for the album art plugin. But umm, how do configure that? I found Album art stub image path in preferences->Advanced but eh... no clue what to fill into.

The album art did great with the following script
Code: [Select]
$replace(%path%,%filename_ext%,)*
-$replace(%path%,%filename_ext%,)Scans\*
-$replace(%path%,%filename_ext%,)..\*
--components\default.*

What is a smilar script to get the cover art working?
Thx in advance.

foobar2000 0.9.5 beta 9

Reply #141
Sweet release.

I'm too stupid to work out how to use the Scratchbox properly though!

foobar2000 0.9.5 beta 9

Reply #142
i think activating UI ELEMENTS by mouse-over would be nice

+1

In order to minimize potential interference with typing in the new Default User Interface, existing single-letter shortcuts without Alt or Control modifier keys are removed on the first run after installing 0.9.5. Manually re-adding these shortcuts, while possible, is not recommended due to the issues stated above.

It's ridiculous.. Hotkeys get caught during renaming? Spacebar can't be used for PAUSE (some people use their whole keyboards for quick actions / tagging / etc :) ?

PS 0.9.5 is a good step towards becoming "not only for aliens" software :) (Btw, does Preferences/Display/DUI/Icon/UseCustomIconFromFile change anything?)
But it will never reach power and popularity until it is (core that sits between db/ui/output) is really flexible (any UI, any "SQL" db) and friendly (LUA scripting) enough.

foobar2000 0.9.5 beta 9

Reply #143
Yes a great release, certainly the way you can change the layout of the UI is a good idea, but I'll stick to panels, also the file renaming/moving/copying feature has been reworked and is quite hard to get to grips with the first time you use it.  I had a few crashes when viewing album art but it seems fairly stable.
:Foobar 2000:
:MPC --standard:
:iRiver H320 Rockboxed:

foobar2000 0.9.5 beta 9

Reply #145
First of all, thank you for your work!
I only have one question. When i add a folder to my playlist it appears a window with "Processing Files". Is there any way to disable it? Thank you very much!

foobar2000 0.9.5 beta 9

Reply #146
. When i add a folder to my playlist it appears a window with "Processing Files". Is there any way to disable it? Thank you very much!

Hm.. that window is there for ages. I think it is nice to see the progress as it reads file tags.  What else do you expect?

foobar2000 0.9.5 beta 9

Reply #147
If your file paths are withing the paths that are configured in your media library preferences this will not happen the second time you add them. Since the metadata will be stored in the media library and therefore fb2k will not have to read it from the files again. This has always been like that and is not new in the beta.

foobar2000 0.9.5 beta 9

Reply #148
(Btw, does Preferences/Display/DUI/Icon/UseCustomIconFromFile change anything?)

That setting is contained in an group box labeled "System Notification Area"; coincidentally it changes the icon in the notification area.

But it will never reach power and popularity until it is (core that sits between db/ui/output) is really flexible (any UI, any "SQL" db) and friendly (LUA scripting) enough.

I find your sentence structure and curious use of punctuation a bit confusing, so I am not quite sure what exactly you mean. foobar2000 has had a modular structure from day one; the ability to use a different user interface module has existed since 0.8.* (or even longer, I am too lazy to check). Scripting would be a powerful addition, and I personally like Lua* for this purpose, but as it is users with no prior programming experience have already enough trouble when dealing with non-trivial title formatting scripts, so I do not think that "friendly" is the right word there.

*) The proper capitalization of "Lua" does not use all-caps; it is not an acronym.

foobar2000 0.9.5 beta 9

Reply #149
I immediately liked the new Default UI a lot, but after using it for about a week now, I have couple of things I'd like to say.

A) This is an easy one and it's probably coming for the next version anyway, but I couldn't quickly find anything mentioned about it. What I'm missing is the ability to change font sizes more accurately. I'm using a remote control and I'm not always in front of the computer when I'm skipping or rating a song. It'd be nice to see the current song more further away and so far I've managed to set up this layout with two ridiculously looking playlist views: foobarDUI.jpg

B) I was really excited to see the new kind of spectrum. The way it shows how the song is played is something I've been looking for as a visualization since I played around in CoolEdit back in '67 or so. But the bad thing is that it goes the wrong way! It shows the history, what has been played already. What I'd really like to see, is the future: "Oh man, listen to this guitar solo, see, there it comes!"
(Not like "Oh man, did you hear that guitar solo? See, there it goes..? What do you mean you missed it!?")