Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Track change 100% CPU usage (Read 2206 times) previous topic - next topic

Track change 100% CPU usage

Hello,
I have a problem that I haven't been able to find a solution to anywhere in the forums. This happens most of the time, but not always. When I leave a track playing with any shuffle enabled at the end of the track when it tries to go to the next track my CPU usage goes up to 100% for about 5 to 10 seconds before it changes track. Im using the latest version of foobar and don't have any plugins that would be effecting this. I've tried removing  plugins and disabling dsp's and still the same problem. Its weird cause when i do a manual track change using random or next track there's no problem. Its just when the track is aloud to run till the end.
Another problem i have, that i think will be a bit easier to solve is this. I want to set up global hot keys to do random and next track, but it seems that if i've got shuffle selected when i want to go to the next track it shuffles instead. I want to be able to leave it on shuffle for when the track runs to the end, but still be able to go to the next track if i want to.
Any help would be much appreciated.
Thanks

Reply #1
I still haven't been able to solve this problem, but a solution to the second problem would be appreciated if any one knows how to do it with the hot keys.

Thanks

Reply #2
Its not possible, because if a user has set shuffle mode, then it is expected that he also wants shuffle mode. Dont hold your breath for that to change.

As for the trackchange cpu-hog issue - i have no clue what would cause it. Normally it is caused by gapkiller, crossfader, etc. DSPs - but you said already that you dont have such things active. Another candidate could be an OSD which fades in at trackchanges. Another idea..... for testing switch to default UI and see if it happens then as well - wouldnt be the first time that PUI and the like cause issues.
I am arrogant and I can afford it because I deliver.

Reply #3
Well i got the CPU issue sorted sort of. I ended up converting all my Wav files into FLAC and that seems to have solved the problem. Dunno what it could have been. Not bothered by it now though.  As for the other problem. I know a simple solution, but one thats not likley to happen. If there was a way to have a random selection like in foobar 8.3 and such it would work as it didn't overide the command to go one track down. Anyway i knoe thats an ongoing issue on these forums so i'll just leave it at that and hope it gets sorted soon.  Peace out dudes,