Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Help with some basic actions (Read 2408 times) previous topic - next topic

Help with some basic actions

Hi all,

I'm trying to build a component that is pretty simple. Essentially, I want to update a properties field associated with any MP3 in the playlist. So, whenever a playlist is loaded or modified (I guess there is some sort of AddItem event that would cover both these cases?), I want to  a) find the file path property associated with the item, and b) then either add or update a properties field (e.g. those fields listed under the Properties tab in a default installation). [clarification edit: properties that are set don't have to be stored anywhere, I just want them available via %var% for the duration the file is in the playlist]

I've got the SDK and tutorials up and running, but I don't know where to go from here. There's a lot of stuff and I'm not sure what is important since documentation is so scant. I'd really appreciate a push in the right direction.

Thanks