Skip to main content
Topic: Album Art Downloader XUI (Read 1514574 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Album Art Downloader XUI

Reply #3000
I suspect a lack of modern https support in WINE will be the issue there. It's stuck in the dark ages and any applications that use windows APIs are going to fail. Only applications using 3rd party SSL libraries will work.

Reply #3001
Please don't set d3d9.dll to native. Please do install DXVK instead. If there's a bug with DXVK, better report it.

Reply #3002
Do the source scripts work for you though? I tried adding every script but getting search results only from Deezer, 45cat and ArkivMusic. Most sources stop searching after a second. AllCdCover, CoverLib and HMV Canada keep searching but don't find anything.
In case someone else is having the same problem, I was able to resolve it by installing this package:
https://www.archlinux.org/packages/multilib/x86_64/lib32-gtk3/

Reply #3003
Please don't set d3d9.dll to native. Please do install DXVK instead. If there's a bug with DXVK, better report it.

Using dxvk-1.7 with NVIDIA-Linux-x86_64-450.57, I get

Code: [Select]
Album Art Downloader has encountered a fatal error, and has had to close.
If you wish to report this error, please include this information, which
has been written to the file: C:\Program Files\AlbumArtDownloader\errorlog.txt

App version: 1.0.5.0, running on Microsoft Windows NT 6.1.7601 Service Pack 1 (32 bit)

System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException (0x88980406): Exception from HRESULT: 0x88980406
   at System.Windows.Media.Composition.DUCE.Channel.SyncFlush()
   at System.Windows.Interop.HwndTarget.UpdateWindowSettings(Boolean enableRenderTarget, Nullable`1 channelSet)
   at System.Windows.Interop.HwndTarget.UpdateWindowPos(IntPtr lParam)
   at System.Windows.Interop.HwndTarget.HandleMessage(WindowMessage msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)
   at System.Windows.Interop.HwndSource.HwndTargetFilterMessage(IntPtr hwnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wParam, IntPtr lParam, Boolean& handled)
   at MS.Win32.HwndWrapper.WndProc(IntPtr hwnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wParam, IntPtr lParam, Boolean& handled)
   at MS.Win32.HwndSubclass.DispatcherCallbackOperation(Object o)
   at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.InternalRealCall(Delegate callback, Object args, Int32 numArgs)
   at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.TryCatchWhen(Object source, Delegate callback, Object args, Int32 numArgs, Delegate catchHandler)
   at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.LegacyInvokeImpl(DispatcherPriority priority, TimeSpan timeout, Delegate method, Object args, Int32 numArgs)
   at MS.Win32.HwndSubclass.SubclassWndProc(IntPtr hwnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wParam, IntPtr lParam)
   at MS.Win32.UnsafeNativeMethods.IntGetMessageW(MSG& msg, HandleRef hWnd, Int32 uMsgFilterMin, Int32 uMsgFilterMax)
   at MS.Win32.UnsafeNativeMethods.GetMessageW(MSG& msg, HandleRef hWnd, Int32 uMsgFilterMin, Int32 uMsgFilterMax)
   at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.GetMessage(MSG& msg, IntPtr hwnd, Int32 minMessage, Int32 maxMessage)
   at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.PushFrameImpl(DispatcherFrame frame)
   at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.PushFrame(DispatcherFrame frame)
   at System.Windows.Application.RunDispatcher(Object ignore)
   at System.Windows.Application.RunInternal(Window window)
   at System.Windows.Application.Run(Window window)
   at AlbumArtDownloader.App.AlbumArtDownloader.IPriorInstance.Run()
   at AlbumArtDownloader.InstanceMutex.RunAppAsServiceHost(IPriorInstance instance, String channelUri)
   at AlbumArtDownloader.App.Main(String[] args)

After running

winetricks -q d3dcompiler_47

it runs, but displays mostly black and occasionally flashes the proper display or parts of it. It's not usable in this state, so I did

wine reg add "HKCU\\SOFTWARE\\Microsoft\\Avalon.Graphics" /v DisableHWAcceleration /t REG_DWORD /d 1 /f

Which returns it to a usable state.  Native d3d works just fine.

Reply #3004
The Fanart.tv script still appeals to be broken, which is very odd because I used to be able to make it work if I set it to search first and then clicked on the individual albums in the browser. But I'm on a new install and neither the original script or the fixed one seems to be working.

SimplePortal 1.0.0 RC1 © 2008-2020