Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: audio/video doesn't sync (Read 5610 times) previous topic - next topic

audio/video doesn't sync

I've a video h264+aac mkv 1280x720 mkv format. I encoded to xvid, mp3 in low resolution say 704x396 

My steps are
1. mkvextract to extract the aac audio track from mkv
2.avisynth as input of mkv to encode to 704x396 in VDM
4. use audio convertion tools to convert aac to mp3 format
5. VDM to mux the mp3 audio and xvid video

However the final video is out-of sync with the audio

What's wrong ??

audio/video doesn't sync

Reply #1
how does .avs look like?
PANIC: CPU 1: Cache Error (unrecoverable - dcache data) Eframe = 0x90000000208cf3b8
NOTICE - cpu 0 didn't dump TLB, may be hung

audio/video doesn't sync

Reply #2
It's been years since I last used VDM, but search for an option "harddup", or "hard duplicate frames" or "write duplicated frames into file no matter what" etc... Not sure if it helps. You could also use mencoder or derivatives.

audio/video doesn't sync

Reply #4
how big is the desync? (is it the same all over the file, whats the difference in length between your mp3 and your new avi?)
PANIC: CPU 1: Cache Error (unrecoverable - dcache data) Eframe = 0x90000000208cf3b8
NOTICE - cpu 0 didn't dump TLB, may be hung

audio/video doesn't sync

Reply #5
how big is the desync? (is it the same all over the file, whats the difference in length between your mp3 and your new avi?)

there is a little strange on the audio file.
The length of extracted aac from the mkv is 25:00

But when I used conversion tool (Easy CD-DA Extractor) convert it to mp3, the length back to normal 24:54, same as the video length.