Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: GUI tool for adding album art to FLAC? (Read 4810 times) previous topic - next topic

GUI tool for adding album art to FLAC?

Hi,

I recently discovered that support for album art has been added to FLAC. When I ripped and coded my CDs, support wasn't still there, so my collection is artless. Is there a GUI tool that I could use to add album art to the files, preferably one that could also fetch the images from an Internet source (Amazon etc)?

TIA,

.brum

Reply #1
mp3tag is easy to use.

Reply #2
Try Mp3Tag, http://mp3tag.de/en/

EDIT: I'm slow.
we was young an' full of beans

Reply #3
Thank you!

rgds,

.brum

Reply #4
What 'type' does MP3tag use for album art in FLAC files? And does it support storing different pictures with different types in the same file?

Have a look here to see what I mean with 'type'.

Reply #5
Only "3 - Cover (front)" is used.

Reply #6
Here's a few tips from how I use mp3tag:
  • Although it has built-in download of album art, you may use an external tool as well. If you have AlbumArtDownloader installed, add it as a tool in mp3tag options, and set Parameters: -al "%album%" -ar "%artist%" -p "%_folderpath%folder.jpg".  (options vary from version to version of AlbumArtDownloader). Run by rightclick file, Tool -> AlbumArtDownloader.
  • I find it sometimes useful to open the current directory with explorer. Add C:\WINDOWS\system32\explorer.exe as a Tool, and set Parameter: /e,/select,"%_path%"
  • Add album art to lossy files converted from FLAC (or any lossless codec). This particular example requires that lossy files are stored with the same sub-pathnames as the FLAC files (set this in foobar converter), and that you have one directory tree for each lossy codec: Action (Quick) -> Import cover from file. Set format string as: $replace(%_folderpath%,{lossy codec root folder},{FLAC root folder})folder.jpg.  Example: add art to selected .m4a files: $replace(%_folderpath%,C:\My Music\M4A,C:\My Music\FLAC)folder.jpg