Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: -t switch - disable INFO/WAV header (Read 2328 times) previous topic - next topic

-t switch - disable INFO/WAV header

I used besweet to encode an ac3 file to mp3 vbr with the -t switch:

Lame's full command line switch reference:

-t    disable INFO/WAV header:

Disable writing of the INFO Tag on encoding.
This tag in embedded in frame 0 of the MP3 file. It includes some information about the encoding options of the file, and in VBR it lets VBR aware players correctly seek and compute playing times of VBR files.

after using the -t switch it seems that the files havent got the same filelength anymore (winamp and cooledit tell me two different values, both different to the one that should be right) and in winamp there are also only very low bitrates shown up (~30-90kbps + 33kbps as average bitrate for the mp3) although the besweet logfile says "Conversion Completed ! Actual Avg. Bitrate: 106kbps" which should be right (--alt-preset 112)!

i guess thats because of the lack of the info header tab as it is written in lame's switch reference???

Is there any tool which can show me the real values of the mp3 just to be sure?

I also want to split the mp3 afterwards. i hope that besplit doesnt need these tags for cutting?
I know, that I know nothing (Socrates)

-t switch - disable INFO/WAV header

Reply #2
thanks a lot!!!

btw: please have a look at my latest post in this thread at doom9.org
I know, that I know nothing (Socrates)