Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Masstagger: how to delete space in title,artist, etc... (Read 2629 times) previous topic - next topic

Masstagger: how to delete space in title,artist, etc...

hi!

i am new here an my english is rather poor.

my question is: i want to rename my files using the "Rename, move or copy files" command.
with '%tracknumber%_%artist%_%title%' i get (for example) '01_Björk_Army Of Me'. here i want,
that all the space characters should go away, so that the following results: '01_Björk_ArmyOfMe'.

and the second question: if in the original filename the first letter of words is in small caps,
i want them to be in big caps.

so here is an example: the result of 'the universals _ new generation.mp3' should be '01_TheUniversals_NewGeneration.mp3'

how to do that , please can somebody help me?

thank you.

---

Reply #1
You should look at the title format help file coming with foobar. Anyway you can use this code:
Code: [Select]
$replace($caps2(%tracknumber%_%artist%_%title%),' ',)

Be careful though, if I recall correctly the $caps/$caps2 function doesn't work right with some less common unicode characters (there's a thread somewhere about this, use search please). Personally, I haven't use those functions much, so I'm not sure 100%.

Reply #2
You should look at the title format help file coming with foobar. Anyway you can use this code:
Code: [Select]
$replace($caps2(%tracknumber%_%artist%_%title%),' ',)

Be careful though, if I recall correctly the $caps/$caps2 function doesn't work right with some less common unicode characters (there's a thread somewhere about this, use search please). Personally, I haven't use those functions much, so I'm not sure 100%.

wow!
thank you for the fast answer.

-

anyway, here is a solution, we made (a little bit confusing maybe) :

[$replace(%tracknumber%, ,,)_][$replace($caps($replace($caps(%artist%)$char(95),_, ,-, ,  , ,)), ,,)_][$replace($caps($replace($caps(%title%)$char(95),_, ,-, ,  , ,)), ,,)]

here the underscor, the minus and the doublespace will allways be converted to a single space. and then the funktion caps comes ...

-------------------------