Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: @ channel sound Quad speakers (Read 1135 times) previous topic - next topic

@ channel sound Quad speakers

Hello,

If you have say a film with 2 channels of audio, and a quad setup hooked up to your computer, can you use some software or hardware like Dolbly Pro Logic II to "fake" a 4 channel type sound ?

Also if you have a 7.1 receiver, the Pioneer VSX-816, to be exact which has dolbly pro logic II, can you hook up just the two Front and two rear, and set it to send the bass channel and center channel to be mixed into the four speakers ? I really don;t have money for a centre channel, but more, I REALLY dont have anywhere to mount it. I have two amazing front speakers and two decent rear ones. Id like to get a bit of a surround experience, but want to keep it to four channels.

Thanks
C.