Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Dolby TrueHD (Read 12790 times) previous topic - next topic

Dolby TrueHD

Reply #25
Oh Hydrogen Audio Terms Of Service, let me count the ways that I love thee...

And while I'm at it, I'll count the number of times you flouted them in your post memomai!

I'd take issue with...

"comparing 88Khz to 44.1Khz, you will notice that it sounds "clearer"."

"These are the best speakers available on earth."

"if you upsample the 44.1Khz CD to 88 KHz, you get a feeling that it is more real."

I don't think this is the right sub-forum, never mind the right thread, to discuss this. Anyway, it has been discussed to death already (see FAQ).

On topic: it is interesting that Dolby are pushing another lossless format for next generation discs. I wonder if we'll ever see a replacement for CD? While this may not be it, it probably puts the nail in the coffin of DVD-A and SACD as CD replacements (if anyone ever imagined that was possible).

Cheers,
David.

I know such answers will appear because I know you don't know such ammount of hardware, do you?

So I'd like to say one thing: Don't talk about thinks you don't know! Like many others in this forum, that's because 70 % of the posts you can throw away, you don't mind THINKING about a new post and research about the thinks I've said. You're just afraid of that there are systems that perform better, but you still don't know about that.

Proven by ABX testing?

Get yourself known about that. Don't worry, you don't have to take hours-wasting ABX testing to prove this!

I don't say it IS clearer or quality is restored, I only say it SOUNDS clearer! I repeat: Almost all members here don't mind to THINK about posts, just find something where to claim "it CAN'T BE TRUTH because it's a thing I've never heard before! So I don't research, I just say this is a TOS#XXX violation."

I've read the TOS several times when I was new here, I know I did still something wrong, but THIS post isn't a violation!

Confused?
FB2K,APE&LAME

Dolby TrueHD

Reply #26
I know such answers will appear because I know you don't know such ammount of hardware, do you?

So I'd like to say one thing: Don't talk about thinks you don't know! Like many others in this forum, that's because 70 % of the posts you can throw away, you don't mind THINKING about a new post and research about the thinks I've said. You're just afraid of that there are systems that perform better, but you still don't know about that.

Everything you posted was wrong.  I suggest you stop posting and start listening.  You'll make less a fool of yourself next time.

I don't say it IS clearer or quality is restored, I only say it SOUNDS clearer! I repeat: Almost all members here don't mind to THINK about posts, just find something where to claim "it CAN'T BE TRUTH because it's a thing I've never heard before! So I don't research, I just say this is a TOS#XXX violation."

I've read the TOS several times when I was new here, I know I did still something wrong, but THIS post isn't a violation!

Confused?

I realize English isn't your first language, but no, you're clearly not understanding the TOS.  The entire point is to keep posts like yours from happening and derailing threads with nonsense.

Dolby TrueHD

Reply #27
Yes, Dolby TruHD is a nice lossless codec for movies on next gen disc formats.  It offers quality that no other format can come close to except PCM 5.1.  However, the human ear really doesn't need all of that.  I also like reading the reviews of blu-ray and HD-DVD movies on websites such as highdefdigest where the reviewer will say the blu-ray movie (which uses 5.1 PCM uncompressed audio) has slightly higher sound quality than the HD-DVD release (which uses Dolby TruHD).  I just don't get it, lossless is lossless.

As for the claims made by memomai, I too am skeptical.  The only way quality is increased, when upsampling a file's frequency, is with some PC audio cards that support 48KHz output.  Some of these PC cards actually do better with material upscaled to 48KHz.  However, you need to provide ABX results in order to claim that a 88KHz file (upscaled from a 44.1KHz file) has better sound quality than the source 44.1KHz file.  I just don't get it especially since the source material doesn't contain anything above 22KHz (per channel).  Upscaling to 44KHz per channel doesn't do anything  .  In my opinion, it would be similar to taking a 160kbps mp3 and re-encoding it to a 320kbps mp3.  You can't add to something that isn't there.  Am I missing something?

Dolby TrueHD

Reply #28

So I'd like to say one thing: Don't talk about thinks you don't know!

Before I had a propper job, I got to play with hardware, listen to master tapes, and talk to engineers...
http://www.hydrogenaudio.org/forums/index....=9311&st=50

I still look forward to the definitive 44.1k vs 96k ABX result, and a scientific explanation of how it happened.

Cheers,
David.

Dolby TrueHD

Reply #30
i going buy hd dvds to replace dvds because i read internet that dolby truhd better wont you all do and buy hd dvd your movies sound better with dolby truhd it the true111!1

Seriously now, I've never heard people complain about the terrible audio quality in movies at the theater, and just in case you didn't know, AC-3 (Dolby Digital, SR-D) on 35mm film is limited to a whole whopping 320 kbps.

Dolby TrueHD

Reply #31
You're liar robert, i didn't register in winamp forum.

Dude, that's sooo hard to believe!
http://forums.winamp.com/search.php?action...earchid=9010963
http://forums.winamp.com/showthread.php?threadid=273054

You're liar robert, i didn't register in winamp forum.

Shut your mouth krabapple, i'm not a troll.
Perhaps not a troll. In my opinion, these posts reek of paid-for product placements.

If somebody's paying him, he's not getting his money's worth!