Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: separate iTunes encoder (Read 5145 times) previous topic - next topic

separate iTunes encoder

Is there a possibility of coding to iTunes AAC using third-party software, i.e. is there any iTunes AAC encoder which can be used in programs like fb2k?

separate iTunes encoder

Reply #1
You can download a tool called iTunesEncode from Rarewares, it will enable the encoding of WAV files (along with ripping CDs) to the iTunes AAC format through EAC.  I am not sure if it will work with foobar2000 though.

separate iTunes encoder

Reply #2
Yeah, it works with foobar.  There are instructions in the readme IIRC.

Note tha it uses the iTunes COM interface, so you need iTunes installed and, IIRC, iTunes will pop-up while encoding.
I'm on a horse.

separate iTunes encoder

Reply #3
If you have a dual core system, you'll have to set fb2k's system processor affinity to one cpu, as iTunes (and iTunes encode) can't currently handle encoding two files using two separate threads at once.

separate iTunes encoder

Reply #4
Thank You very much.
Regards,
Alkslay

separate iTunes encoder

Reply #5
Is it normal that the resulting encoded file appears not only in destination directory but also in iTunes folder under the name of temp file (e.g. temp-F56G586I5896...)? I wonder if the file can be directly transcoded without a temporary wav file? I have used recommended settings for fb2k.

separate iTunes encoder

Reply #6
I believe there is a switch to remove the copy from the iTunes directory - check the readme.

I'm 99% sure you need to use a temporary wave file.
I'm on a horse.

separate iTunes encoder

Reply #7
Synthetic Soul - Thank You for Your help, I have figured it out. There is an option to delete a file in the iTunes directory. As for temporary wav I think it is 100% needed with files not supported by iTunes, but maybe there is an option to avoid temporary file with the supported formats (mp3, aac, wav etc.) directly coding it into AAC since iTunes can do that.