Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Chronflow (Read 479407 times) previous topic - next topic

Chronflow

Reply #400
Looks like desired behaviour to me. I'm using the windows antialiasing method. This renders larger fonts antialiased, but smaller fonts are rendered one pixel wide. That's the same way word does it, and I like it since otherwise the small fonts would be very blurry.

How come that fonts with the same size are rendered bold sometimes and sometimes not?
Would it be possible to add an option in one of the next releases to enable cleartype rendering? it just doesn't look good if the rest of your layout is rendered with cleartype and the text in chronflow is rendered with a different method.

Chronflow

Reply #401
Bug display for Album title too ==> Album Title is bold OR not antialiased ...
=> normal render it bold for some fonts, or normal and not antialiased for others,
=> bold make it very very bold

Looks like desired behaviour to me. I'm using the windows antialiasing method. This renders larger fonts antialiased, but smaller fonts are rendered one pixel wide. That's the same way word does it, and I like it since otherwise the small fonts would be very blurry.

"Added Find As You Type" doesn't work at all. option checked in settings but no key works (system beep only!)
I'm sure you are doing something wrong. Does chronflow have keyboard focus (the left and right key work?) and is your title string correct? (your title string has to start with the letters you are entering -- if it starts with a $crlf(), a tab, a space or whatever it won't work).

1) ok i'll deal with

2) my album title start with 1 space char ... that explain all.

==> could you ignore spaces for this functionnality ? cause i use this for album title :

'  '%album artist%$char(10)%album%

$char(10) allow to have a break line, but 1st line (%album artist%) is not centered with the 2nd line %album% when using this ... so i have to add 3 spaces before %album artist% to center it

that's a shame that inhibate this option

thanx for answers

EDIT 1: Album Title fied allow to use titleformatting but if done, "Find As You Type" option could not work because it start with a '$'  ... i.e if i use this to not repeat artist name if already included in the album title :

$ifgreater($strstr(%album%,%album artist%),0,%album%,%album artist%' - '%album%)

i think i would be more simple to bind this option "Find As You Type" by default with %artist% or %album artist%, i don't think this is more difficult to code and i think it would be more coherent, no ?

EDIT 2: i've just find a solution to make it work and having my 2 lines centered ... i put the 3 spaces at the end instead of at beginning  ...

Chronflow

Reply #402
enable cleartype rendering
I guess that's not possible, but I also can not test it, since win2k does not support cleartype. So that's a no-go.

$ifgreater($strstr(%album%,%album artist%),0,%album%,%album artist%' - '%album%)
That will work just fine. Actually that's similar to what I'm using and is also the reason for the current implementation.
It would be very unintuitive to search for a string that is never displayed anywhere.

Chronflow

Reply #403
I have nothing new to add. However, I do want to take a brief moment to express my appreciation for this plugin and extend many many thanks to the creator. I've experienced no problems with the most recent version, and the new improvements look stunning.

This plugin is such a breakthrough for me, that I find myself completely hooked on building themes again. For me, this plugin is up there with some of the all time best I've ever seen released for foobar. Thanks!

Chronflow

Reply #404
Chronial your component is amazing! Works perfectly here with lower cpu consumption and 8 passes (Supersampling). Thank you very very much!

Chronflow

Reply #405
First of all: 3.0 works for me
I recognized something but I don't know if it is intended:
When I minimize foobar2000 and then reopen the window the chronflow loads the cover again. I didn't recognize this in the 2.1 version.

Chronflow

Reply #406
First of all: 3.0 works for me
I recognized something but I don't know if it is intended:
When I minimize foobar2000 and then reopen the window the chronflow loads the cover again. I didn't recognize this in the 2.1 version.

that is because the option "empty cache when window is minimized" is enabled. you can disable it in the performance tab.

Chronflow

Reply #407
Thanks a lot for this answer

@all: We could create a layout topic in the upload section for different configs.

Chronflow

Reply #408
I have nothing new to add. However, I do want to take a brief moment to express my appreciation for this plugin and extend many many thanks to the creator.
Thanks

Chronial your component is amazing! Works perfectly here with lower cpu consumption and 8 passes (Supersampling). Thank you very very much!
Happy to hear that .

Chronflow

Reply #409
Hello to all

I have a big problem that I can't understand where it is from.
Please look at this picture:

[a href="http://img521.imageshack.us/my.php?image=foojy6pe3.jpg" target="_blank"] 
What would be the solution for my problem please ?
Is the background transparency only* available under Windows VISTA ?

*Config:
-Windows XP SP2
-Graphic: ATI MOBILITY FireGL T2. (Driver: ATI RADEON 133.2.1.1.1-070206a-043154C)
-Ram 2.0Go
-Foobar 0.9.5.1 + all the required updated plugins

If you want some details, feel free to ask 

THANK YOU IN ADVANCE

Chronflow

Reply #410
Hey, Chronial.

I still guess that there is a problem with your GPU's implementation of the feature I'm using. Your could try this "game" http://nehe.gamedev.net/data/lessons/vc/lesson32.zip - it uses the same feature I'm relying on.
I've tried this example.
It does indeed freeze upon clicking for a fraction of second, but only the first time. All subsequent clicks are detected quite smoothly, without any delays. The game's fully playable.

Chronflow

Reply #411
The game's fully playable.
I know it's rather stupid, but could you play it up to the later levels, pls? Since at the first levels there are only about 5 objects on the screen and as far as I understood you, you only get real problems when the cover count is getting big.

Is the background transparency only* available under Windows VISTA ?
There is no transparency support available in this plugin at all. It has no transparent background and you are not supposed to place any transparent panels over it.

Chronflow

Reply #412
Ok thank you for your answer.

But, would you have an idea about my cronflow display problem  (Ref. My Screenshot in my previous post) please ?

When I had this error, I used Catalyst driver.
So I decided to try another one, I install OmegaDrivers.
(Maybe it's a problem of OpengGL or DirectX...)

But it didn't fix my problem and I have now this error at the lauching:
"Couldn't get a Hardware accelerated PixelFormat" .

I saw on this forum that many people had this error too, but the solutions proposed don't work :-/

Thank you

P.S: Your work is really awesome !  Congratulations for your efforts .
      We have to say when people make some excellent works

Chronflow

Reply #413
The game's fully playable.
I know it's rather stupid, but could you play it up to the later levels, pls? Since at the first levels there are only about 5 objects on the screen and as far as I understood you, you only get real problems when the cover count is getting big.
Okay, played it to level 8, until Game Over. No change.
Yes, the problems are becoming problems only with decent cover count, but they are noticeable with any amount of them (when it's only 1, though, you have to click on the coverflow repeatedly and very quickly to notice the interference with the channel spectrum panel). This is not the case with the game example, because while the first click yields one distinctive freeze, all following do nothing in that regard, no matter how quickly I'm clicking.
That's in window mode. In fullscreen I'm getting another one (kind of double-freeze) occurring at about two seconds after the start of the game, but after those two everything's smooth. That one is unrelated to clicking, and can occur before or after the first, depending on the time of the initial click.

Chronflow

Reply #414
Is there a way to make it so when double clicking on an album it is played now, even when there is something playing currently?

Also is there a way to organise it into playlists? I have FLAC, classical and archive and wish to organise this into the same categories?

Love this plugin. Thanks!

Chronflow

Reply #415
Hey Chronial, i don't know what's change, but the last version works for me. No more crashes and  fast cover loads!
Thanx! Many Thanx! 
Using OpenGl 1.2 and ATI Mobility Radeon 9000 IGP

Chronflow

Reply #416
This will sound dumb but I can't find how to activate the component. The preferences for the component are here, the console says nothing special... I just don't see it. Please help.

Is my comp too old to even display it (PIII + Riva TNT)?

Chronflow

Reply #417
Hey Chronial,
great plugin, I love it! especially with the 'smooth' skin made around it.

However there is one thing that might need some improvement: With super-sampling all the covers in the background look nice and have soft edges; however the textrues themselves look very blurry then (this is especially annoying with the active front cover).
Using Multi-sampling or nothing at all (can't see a difference between those) leaves the front cover nice and crisp, but the egdes of the other covers look ugly then.
Is it possible to use SS for the background covers and leave the front cover unfiltered? Or use the filtering only for the edges?

Thanks, and keep up the great work.

Chronflow

Reply #419
Hey Chronial,
great plugin, I love it! especially with the 'smooth' skin made around it.

However there is one thing that might need some improvement: With super-sampling all the covers in the background look nice and have soft edges; however the textrues themselves look very blurry then (this is especially annoying with the active front cover).
Using Multi-sampling or nothing at all (can't see a difference between those) leaves the front cover nice and crisp, but the egdes of the other covers look ugly then.
Is it possible to use SS for the background covers and leave the front cover unfiltered? Or use the filtering only for the edges?

Thanks, and keep up the great work.

I'm using 16x multi-sampling and all the edges look very smooth. perhaps you should update the drivers of your graphics card if multi-sampling doesn't work.

Chronflow

Reply #420

Sry, but I'm really getting pissed of, when I'm spending my time to write a complete help page and people think they are too good to read it...
Both your "questions" are answered there...
Supersampling should always improve rendering of every cover. If you notice a bluring of your front cover, you are either looking to closely (there is an extremely minimal bluring, but that's not noticeable in real use), or you have not set your cover size correctly.
RTFM, dammit.

Chronflow

Reply #422

This will sound dumb but I can't find how to activate the component.

You have to use Columns ui (or Panel ui) and then add the chronflow element to your layout.

Thanks.
Chronial do you plan making a DefaultUI version?

I don't think the DefaultUI SDK is out yet so nobody can make any components for it yet.

Chronflow

Reply #423
hi
first gg for this awesome component.
i ve got one prob: i ve got many folder with only one or 2 tracks and i want chronflow to ignore these. (or ignore files with no album tag)
how should i config the database filter ?
thx

Chronflow

Reply #424
@Joelimite
Crash when moving the panel across monitor boundaries: That's good news for me, since that can impossibly be a bug of my plugin . It doesn't even know when it is moved across monitor boudanries (that's the reason why I can't guess refresh rates on multi-monitor systems). This is a bug in your GPU driver. The Crash location "nvoglnt" suggests it's the NVidia driver that causes the crash. Do you have the nView features activated? - try disabling nview.

Chronial, sorry for my delay in replying; it's been a hectic week. I have Nview set to disabled and am using the latest Nvidia drivers, but your plug-in still displays only gray boxes in place of album art and crashes when moving it (as a dockable panel) between my two monitors. Any ideas? Everything worked fine with the previous version of your plug-in. Thanks for any help offered and for the great plug-in!