Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Using foobar to convert wav to flac (Read 16280 times) previous topic - next topic

Using foobar to convert wav to flac

I'm having trouble converting wav files to flac using foobar. When I load the wav file and select "convert to flac" and press "ok" it then opens a window with a message that states "Please specify the folder containing flac.exe." I do not see that this file is included with foobar. Can anyone help?

Reply #1
If you already have flac.exe somewhere else, just point foobar to that directory. otherwise, copy paste flac.exe to the foobar directory.

Reply #2
Foobar2000 plays (decodes) FLAC without having to configure anything. Encoding to FLAC (or mp3 or others) has to be configured by pointing foobar2000 to the encoder program, in your case flac.exe. Download FLAC from http://flac.sourceforge.net/download.html and put it in the desired folder.