Skip to main content
Topic: Send foobar2000 to Tray on "Show the Desktop?" (Read 2246 times) previous topic - next topic

Send foobar2000 to Tray on "Show the Desktop?"

Is there a way to get foobar2000 to go to the system tray on a "Show the Desktop" command?

Thanks in advance.

Reply #1
You could start using the Windows key + D shortcut, which has the effect of minimizing every visible window, which will hide programs like FB2k, but not programs like mIRC, which has its own way of hiding itself to tray on minimize... I presume by hooking the minimize button. Win + M appears to have the same effect as the show desktop button, albeit lacking toggle functionality.

Reply #2
You could start using the Windows key + D shortcut, which has the effect of minimizing every visible window, which will hide programs like FB2k, but not programs like mIRC, which has its own way of hiding itself to tray on minimize...

Only if fb2k window is in focus, in my expirience.

Reply #3
You could start using the Windows key + D shortcut, which has the effect of minimizing every visible window, which will hide programs like FB2k, but not programs like mIRC, which has its own way of hiding itself to tray on minimize... I presume by hooking the minimize button. Win + M appears to have the same effect as the show desktop button, albeit lacking toggle functionality.

It only minimizes the open windows. I was hoping for a solution that would send foobar2000 to the tray.

Can this send to tray behavior be programmed into fb2k to hook on a "minimize all/show the desktop" command?

Reply #4
Bizarrely, not even winkey + M does it. (which is minimise all). And right clicking foobar in the (2k/xp) task manager>applications and choosing minimise doesn't do it.

SimplePortal 1.0.0 RC1 © 2008-2019