Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Vista Sidebar Gadget (Read 33578 times) previous topic - next topic

Vista Sidebar Gadget

Reply #26
ok, will try it.

EDIT: perfect.
It works now. I get this big musical note if there is no artwork. And the switching goes really good.

Vista Sidebar Gadget

Reply #27
Ah that's good. When it had to resort to looking for artwork in google, if it found an image on google, then the gadget failed basically  Should have shown an error really but oh well it works now.

Hows the scrolling text?

Vista Sidebar Gadget

Reply #29
You have to undock it, and the track name has to be long

Vista Sidebar Gadget

Reply #31
one more thing i found. I have my foobar installed at another location than c:\program files\foobar

If i click on the gadget when foobar is turned off it says it can't find foobar. How can you change the location in the program? Although of course it is no problem of actually opening foobar, but just the idea...

Vista Sidebar Gadget

Reply #32
You can also edit that in main.js

I suggest you search for foobar2000.exe or something

Vista Sidebar Gadget

Reply #33
Right: I can now confirm that the Album name varies depending on what size it is. I'm having difficulty including screenshots of the same file playing, but I can assure you it's not my imagination. However, I've not tried this with the newest version yet: I'll do that tonight, and get back to you tommorrow.
If at first you don't succeed, so much for hang-gliding

Vista Sidebar Gadget

Reply #34
wow. thanks that's pretty
but i wonder can i make changes to the fonts??

Vista Sidebar Gadget

Reply #36
Mui: that can be edited in the css files

Edit: lol

I would put it in the readme file, but for some reason many people seem to miss it, maybe size 18 font isn't big enough :|

Vista Sidebar Gadget

Reply #37
Right: here's my proof that the Album name does change. And this is with the latest (April 27th?) version of the gadget.
Here for text mode
and here for large mode.
The scrolling text is really nice: works well

Vista Sidebar Gadget

Reply #38
Afraid i don't really know why thats happening, sorry.

Vista Sidebar Gadget

Reply #39
Hmm. Bizarre. Never mind: I've got it all set up left in text mode, which is quite handy to sit on the desktop anyway.

Vista Sidebar Gadget

Reply #40
You should be able to get the path where foobar2000.exe is installed using the fb2k COM Component thingy or else you can use Windows Script Host's registry scripting components.

WSH RegRead function:
http://www.pctools.com/guides/scripting/de.../?act=reference

Example (JavaScript as used by Gadgets):
Code: [Select]
var WshShell = new ActiveXObject("WScript.Shell");
var fb2k_path;

fb2k_path = WshShell.RegRead("HKLM\\Software\\foobar2000\\InstallDir");

// A little test to see if it really works:
alert('foobar2000 is installed in "' + fb2k_path + '"');

And always remember to escape backslashes (by using \\ ) in strings if what you want is backslashes. That has tricked me more than one time especially when copying code from VBScript.

Hope this helps!

Vista Sidebar Gadget

Reply #41
Thanks  If memory serves correctly in the end i actually just searched the registry for foobar and found that, i think its in the latest release, 2.9

Vista Sidebar Gadget

Reply #42
I have a problem with this gadget, It only says"Notice: Play a song in Foobar" when I listens to some music. Do I have to change something in Foobar to get this one to work?

/Simon

Vista Sidebar Gadget

Reply #43
^ I think you have to have the COM Automation Server installed for it to work. I had your problem, but I then installed that and it worked.

Aha! This is tops. Great alternative to foo_title on vista. One question though, is it possible to have the track length/time left display all the time? As atm it only shows when you cursor over the gadget.

EDIT: Also the Artist & Album field dont seem to scroll when it is longer than its width. I have it in full view mod (Normal, Undocked).
--"If ignorance is bliss...then knock the smile of my face!"

Vista Sidebar Gadget

Reply #44
I can't get it to work.
I downloaded the gadget from the first post on this page (2) and installed it but it is not on the sidebar and not on the list of the additional gadgets.
What could be my problem?
Iam using Windows Vista Ultimate 32 Bit German.
Thanks for help.

Vista Sidebar Gadget

Reply #46
Sorry, but that doesn't solve the problem.
Nothing happens.

Vista Sidebar Gadget

Reply #47
Your right. Mine is also not working now.
--"If ignorance is bliss...then knock the smile of my face!"

Vista Sidebar Gadget

Reply #48
DaSilva...do you have the latest version...3.92?

If not get it from here: http://gallery.live.com/liveItemDetail.asp...6af0328&l=1

The link at the top of the page is an old version and might not auto update

You do need the Com Automation Server for this to work, the gadget should install it automatically if foobar is in it's normal location.

Vista Sidebar Gadget

Reply #49
That version works.
Thanks!