Skip to main content

Notice

Please be aware that much of the software linked to or mentioned on this forum is niche and therefore infrequently downloaded. Lots of anti-virus scanners and so-called malware detectors like to flag infrequently downloaded software as bad until it is either downloaded enough times, or its developer actually bothers with getting each individual release allow listed by every single AV vendor. You can do many people a great favor when encountering such a "problem" example by submitting them to your AV vendor for examination. For almost everything on this forum, it is a false positive.
Topic: ATI Avivo, how to use? (Read 18473 times) previous topic - next topic

ATI Avivo, how to use?

Until now I've been using Media Player Classic + ffdshow to watch Xvid/DivX/H.264 videos (recently also mplayer+MPUI), and I watch my DVDs with MPC's built-in decoder, at least that's how I think it works. I've also had an ATI X1600 card for some time and had no idea what Avivo was until recently, and I would like to know how do I take advantage of this feature and what exactly are it's capabilities?

Thanks.
we was young an' full of beans

ATI Avivo, how to use?

Reply #1
For AVIVO, you have to use a player that supports hardware acceleration. Most - if not all - DVD playback software does. Of course it has to be enabled. Then you have to enable "Pulldown Detection" in the ATI display driver (under Deinterlacing) and also enable "Windows Media Video Acceleration", if it exists. Capabilities are improved video quality and lower CPU utilization.

SimplePortal 1.0.0 RC1 © 2008-2021