Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Can't TAG Mp4 files with Dolby Digital AC3 5.1 (Read 1817 times) previous topic - next topic

Can't TAG Mp4 files with Dolby Digital AC3 5.1

Hi everyone, I use iTunes to TAG all my Mp3 and Mp4, I have over 100,000 Mp3 tagged with iTunes without no problem and over 2,000 DVDs concerts, TV series, etc. in Mp4 format tagged also with iTunes without any problems, all my Mp4 til now have 2 channel stereo sound.

My problem now is that I'm making some Mp4 movies with dolby digital 5.1 and this Mp4 play perfect in iTunes and QuickTime ''but'' I can't TAG them in iTunes because of the AC3 5.1, I'm sure of this because everthing made in 2 channel stereo have no problem to TAG in iTunes. If I TAG them its seems in the begining to write the TAGs but if I clear iTunes and then re-load again the files the TAGs dissapears.

I use Nero Recode 2 to make my Mp4. I use MAC and PC. I have the last version of iTunes 7.1.1 and QT 7.1.5.... I have noticed that Winamp can write the TAGs without any problems and stays there but what I need is to iTunes recognize that TAGs because I run all my libraries in iTunes

Thanks in advance, sorry for my english.