Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: probable bugs with "full file buffering" option (Read 2528 times) previous topic - next topic

probable bugs with "full file buffering" option

I recently bought a nice Tera Byte network storage and I put my MP3s on it. I quickly noticed that unfortunately seeking within large MP3 files could now take several minutes. This is of course unbearable. then I looked around a bit and found in the foobar FAQ that this slow seeking method is needed for accuracy and cannot be fixed (bummer  ).

I finally found a solution by using the "full file buffering" option in the advanced preferences (I set it a 150 MB since I have 2GB of RAM). Everything looked and sounded perfect with instantaneous seeking until I found what I think are two bugs:

1. Mp3 files larger than ~65MB don't load at all anymore.

2. Mp3 files loaded by a cue file are apparently NOT buffered (seek times still >1min and files >65MB still load).

PS: It would also be nice to be able to buffer all the MP3 files when loading a m3u.