Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: TAK SDK - First release (Read 15634 times) previous topic - next topic

TAK SDK - First release

Reply #25
I was of course referring to FLAC vs APE. TAK's reputation and image are intact ;-)

Fine! Somehow it was easier for me when i silently worked on TAK: No need to care for public relations...

Im saying, go ahead and break compatibility now, to make the format as good as possible, especially if compression could be improved at the same time.

If users want to benefit from compression improvements, they have to reencode their files with the new version. The effort is the same if the new version is backwards compatible or not.

An upgrade is easy: Download the new Version. If necessary replace the Tak Sdk library with the new version and other applications using the library will immediately be able to decode files created with the new version.

That's possible because the addition of a new improved codec changes neither TAK's container format nor the interface of the Sdk.

TAK SDK - First release

Reply #26
Yes, its a lossless format, so there is always the possibility to transcode. Hopefully you are willing, at least for awhile, to break backward compatability to move TAK forward.

TAK SDK - First release

Reply #27
Yes, its a lossless format, so there is always the possibility to transcode. Hopefully you are willing, at least for awhile, to break backward compatability to move TAK forward.

Definitely yes!

I have been working on TAK's technology for many years without thinking about a public release. I did it, because the invention of new compression methods was the most fun for me. I am happy if i can continue this work!

And as i wrote above, it's easy for me to add new improved codecs, because TAK is prepared for this.