Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Database how to create (Read 3049 times) previous topic - next topic

Database how to create

Sorry for my bad english. But i have a Problem. I use a Broadcasting Software to PlayOut the Songs but i would like to use the Foobar Database. But.. if i don't know how goes the foobar database and how i can connect with 3rd party software to it, i can't use it. The Broadcasting software is in german broadcasting forums popular. And for Non-Comerzial Radio Stations is it Freeware!

Thank you for your answers now. I hope that i become a link with a discription how goes the Database from Foobar. And .. how can i use the entries from this Database without starting Foobar.

Database how to create

Reply #1
Sorry, there is no public specification for the FPL file format, if that's what you're asking about.

Am I right that you are referring to this forum post? The speed and search functionality of the media library is a property of foobar2000 itself; the only contribution of the FPL format is that it allows caching metadata and that it can be read and written quite fast which reduces startup and shutdown times.

Database how to create

Reply #2
Ok, thank you for your answer. Yes, thats the Ppost i reffered to. and .. it is a pity.