Skip to main content

Notice

Please be aware that much of the software linked to or mentioned on this forum is niche and therefore infrequently downloaded. Lots of anti-virus scanners and so-called malware detectors like to flag infrequently downloaded software as bad until it is either downloaded enough times, or its developer actually bothers with getting each individual release allow listed by every single AV vendor. You can do many people a great favor when encountering such a "problem" example by submitting them to your AV vendor for examination. For almost everything on this forum, it is a false positive.
Topic: BeLight issues -- Normalization? Compression? Help! (Read 2042 times) previous topic - next topic

BeLight issues -- Normalization? Compression? Help!

Doom9's DVD conversion guides recommend that I enable dynamic compression and normalization when converting AC3 using BeSweet+BeLight, but this strikes me as a bit odd. Should I?

One guide states that "dynamic compression does the same thing your player does during playback of an AC3 file: it reduces the dynamic range so that you can hear weak signals (like voices) better." Is AC3 unique in this regard or something?

BeLight issues -- Normalization? Compression? Help!

Reply #1
Is AC3 unique in this regard or something?
i think so, yes.

here is one doc;
http://www.dolby.com/assets/pdf/tech_libra...AllMetadata.pdf 
(and there is plenty more to read from dolby.com)
PANIC: CPU 1: Cache Error (unrecoverable - dcache data) Eframe = 0x90000000208cf3b8
NOTICE - cpu 0 didn't dump TLB, may be hung

SimplePortal 1.0.0 RC1 © 2008-2021