Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: oggdropXPd V1.6 beta 20 needs testing (Read 18806 times) previous topic - next topic

oggdropXPd V1.6 beta 20 needs testing

Reply #25
I downloaded the ICL6 P4 RC1.1 and it runs now without any error messages. However, I can't help but note the absence of any speed gains. Maybe it's just my setup, but I have to look at my log to find the 1 second or sometimes nonexistent increase. Is this on par with the previous ICL7 compiles?

I'll do another ICL7 compile which, if it will work for you, will allow you to make your own comparison. Give me a couple of hours.

Reply #26
Please add option to add whole directories for encoding using drag&drop technique (Drag&Drop is currently available for files only).

Reply #27
I downloaded the ICL6 P4 RC1.1 and it runs now without any error messages. However, I can't help but note the absence of any speed gains. Maybe it's just my setup, but I have to look at my log to find the 1 second or sometimes nonexistent increase. Is this on par with the previous ICL7 compiles?

ICL7 compile of RC1.1 uploaded and available at Mirror 1.

Reply #28
Please add option to add whole directories for encoding using drag&drop technique (Drag&Drop is currently available for files only).

I'll be looking at this in version 1.7 along with VorbisGain. I don't want to add anything else to 1.6 or it will never get done!!

Reply #29

ICL7 compile of RC1.1 uploaded and available at Mirror 1.

Same errors  .

Reply #30
Same errors  :unsure:.

Interesting!!  I'll try playing with the optimisations some more. It does seem to be compiler related.

Reply #31
Another P4 ICL7 compile uploaded in place of the previous one, if anyone is still willing to play!!

Reply #32
I assume this http://www.hydrogenaudio.org/forums/index....t=ST&f=8&t=5152

and built-in VorbisGain are expected (if you decide to add them) in 1.7 builds then.  That sounds good, I think we need to have a "stable" copy first.  This program just keeps on getting better.

Hmm, quick note on this newest copy, the genre list COMPLETELY disapeared, I simply get a blank list.  Hmm...
WARNING:  Changing of advanced parameters might degrade sound quality.  Modify them only if you are expirienced in audio compression!

Reply #33
I assume this http://www.hydrogenaudio.org/forums/index....t=ST&f=8&t=5152

and built-in VorbisGain are expected (if you decide to add them) in 1.7 builds then.  That sounds good, I think we need to have a "stable" copy first.  This program just keeps on getting better.

Hmm, quick note on this newest copy, the genre list COMPLETELY disapeared, I simply get a blank list.  Hmm...

In answer to your question, yes. 

Try deleting the GenreData.txt file. I don't have that problem here.

Reply #34
Another P4 ICL7 compile uploaded in place of the previous one, if anyone is still willing to play!!

Unfortunately, I'm still getting the same errors with this one, too.

Reply #35
Just a note confirming no errors have been found so far. Great job!

Reply #36
dear john, first of all congratulations for your wonderfull oggdrop!

it would be nice, if you could add an indicator of the encoding speed of oggdropxpd. this could be realized by adapting the rotation-speed of The Fish to the encoding-speed. Otherwise a little counter, indicating how much faster oggdrop encodes than realtime.

as you already said, you, will not do any bigger changes in version 1.6 but keep it in mind for version 1.7!

long live The Fish! 

fragtal
I love the moderators.

Reply #37

Did the trick.
WARNING:  Changing of advanced parameters might degrade sound quality.  Modify them only if you are expirienced in audio compression!

Reply #38
dear john, first of all congratulations for your wonderfull oggdrop!

it would be nice, if you could add an indicator of the encoding speed of oggdropxpd. this could be realized by adapting the rotation-speed of The Fish to the encoding-speed. Otherwise a little counter, indicating how much faster oggdrop encodes than realtime.

as you already said, you, will not do any bigger changes in version 1.6 but keep it in mind for version 1.7!

long live The Fish! 

fragtal

A nice idea!  It's easy enough to do, the only problem is that the size of the main window would probably have to be increased to fit it in!!  I'll take a look at it.

Reply #39

Did the trick.

Good news!

Reply #40
Hi there

been testing RC1.1 for the past few days, did many encodes under various settings, and I'm pleased to say I haven't found anything wrong with this build.

About Fragtal's suggestion for a speed clocker: how about a vertical VU-style bar along the left with a numeric indicator at the top? This way you may not need to increase the window size.

[edit1]
Also, you might want to move the fish logo up a bit, so it's equidistant from the Drop Files Here and bitrate indicator lines.
[/edit1]

Thanks!
CD

Reply #41
Hi there

been testing RC1.1 for the past few days, did many encodes under various settings, and I'm pleased to say I haven't found anything wrong with this build.

About Fragtal's suggestion for a speed clocker: how about a vertical VU-style bar along the left with a numeric indicator at the top? This way you may not need to increase the window size.

[edit1]
Also, you might want to move the fish logo up a bit, so it's equidistant from the Drop Files Here and bitrate indicator lines.
[/edit1]

Thanks!
CD

Thanks for the info and suggestions. I'll look into them.

Reply #42
enlarging the oggdrop window is not necessary. There is a lot room beside The Fish. as Compact Dick wrote a VU-style bar on one side of the window would do its work very well.

for keeping the symmetry there could be another bar on the opposite site indicating the compressionlevel. but i don't know or think that this would be better than showing the bitrate is.

fragtal
I love the moderators.

Reply #43
just a question.  What is the tag format that OGG's use?  Is it APEv2 like MPC does?

Reply #44
just a question.  What is the tag format that OGG's use?  Is it APEv2 like MPC does?

It's own!!  eg: TITLE=xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Reply #45
a friend of mine has reported, that oggdropxpd RC 1.1 crashes directly after he has started it!? i asked him for more information and will report as soon as possible.
I love the moderators.

Reply #46
a friend of mine has reported, that oggdropxpd RC 1.1 crashes directly after he has started it!? i asked him for more information and will report as soon as possible.

I shall be uploading RC1.2 in the next couple of hours and I believe that this will eliminate the P4 optimised version crash and also the one you are referring to. It also has the encoding speed displayed.

Reply #47
RC1.2 uploaded and available at Mirror 1 in both flavours. I believe that this version will resolve the odd crashing problem, particularly with the P4 version(I hope!!!!).

As mentioned above, this version displays the encoding speed as encoding progresses.

Reply #48
It also has the encoding speed displayed.

wonderfull!!!

the problem of my friend is (I think) due to the fact, that he tried to run an icl7 compile on his 600Athlon A...
I love the moderators.

Reply #49
the problem of my friend is (I think) due to the fact, that he tried to run an icl7 compile on his 600Athlon A...

That would explain it!!!!!!!