Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: a very naive question (Read 2905 times) previous topic - next topic

a very naive question

Hi! I'm a BS ECE undergraduate student from the University of the Philippines who is doing research on MP3 decoders and hardware implementation.

Our adviser required us to compile and run a particular C++ coded decoder (Fraunhoffer IIS). We were able to do so, but the problem turned out to be figuring out how to read the decoded file (*.dec). It appears to be only a text file, but the program said that it was supposed to be a sound file. Now we are stuck with trying to play the DEC file so we can show our adviser that we were able to decode an MP3 file using the code he provided us with. We tried every player we had, including Real Player, Windows Media Player, and VLC, all to no avail.

I'm hoping someone will shed some light on our problem. We will greatly appreciate any help.

a very naive question

Reply #1
This might be a totally hopeless answer but have you tried changing the file extension to .mp3.

I have absolutely no experience with what you're trying to do but's this would be a quick thing to try.

Good luck

a very naive question

Reply #3
Thank you! I'll be trying out your suggestions asap.