Skip to main content
Topic: send to playlist (Read 5800 times) previous topic - next topic

send to playlist

how do i send a track from one playlist to another while in the standard playlist? right now i can rightclick it and select "send to playlist..." and then choose the playlist from a dropdown menu

but how do i set this action to the double-click function?
even better, how do i set it to automatically send it to a specific default playlist instead of having to choose it from a drop-down menu?

send to playlist

Reply #1
no one?

send to playlist

Reply #2
You'd be better off using the context menu key on your keyboard and memorizing the keystrokes associated with the action.  It's much faster than clicking.

send to playlist

Reply #3
i dont think you understand what im saying. at some point, no matter what, the playlist choice menu comes up (which is not a context menu). the only other way is rightclick+drag, but this is still slow.

send to playlist

Reply #4
These is no 'standard' playlist in foobar2000. All playlists have equal rights

Anyway... have you looked in Preferences>Keyboard Shortcuts? Add a new shortcut and filter list by 'send'.

send to playlist

Reply #5
foo_browser has a double-click feature.

send to playlist

Reply #6
ya, im talkin about foo_browser to begin with

but thiswindow pops up. i want it to skip me having to choose "now playing" and hitting "okay" every time.

send to playlist

Reply #7
anything?

send to playlist

Reply #8
anything?

Try this:

Take foosions foo_utils that will give you comtext menu commands for such actions like "add to specified playlist, add to specified playlist and play, send to specified playlist, .....". That means that you can create hotkeys or - i think you will like it more - a toolbar with buttons wich will send/add/insert (and play) the selection to a special playlist (your "now playing"). foo_trackpos offers you the command "place after current playing".

So you just have to select some tracks and hit just one button

send to playlist

Reply #9
i have foo_utils 0.5.7 and dont have any of those options

send to playlist

Reply #10
i have foo_utils 0.5.7 and dont have any of those options

You must have!

One part of them you will find in Context menu->Edit Other... and the rest you have to add to context menu in the preferences->display->context menu. Also take a look in the hotkey page. And by the way: I create my buttons with Columns Ui and not Trackinfo Mod

send to playlist

Reply #11
yea, i found em a while back, forgot to post that here

however, foo_playlist_helper.dll is pretty damn close to what i need

i just need to have its function replace "play" as the standard double-click function.

send to playlist

Reply #12
i just need to have its function replace "play" as the standard double-click function.

I think such a plugin would violate the SDK and be banned.

Edit: What and where is foo_playlist_helper?

send to playlist

Reply #13
It is not meant as an offense: It is annoying to have 6 or 7 threads allover the subforums wich request a now playing playlist. The fact is: you have multiple playlist and it is not  default behavior that doubleclick starts playback it is the only one and nothing else makes sense.

I understand your problem but you have to find another solution and there are so many. Also there was so many people with so many ideas wich was more realistic: f.e. a few months ago i requested in the browser thread that a playing browser playlist shouldn't be overwritten. The best solution would be in my eyes to have a panel instead of a playlist wich works like the autosendplaylists. Then you could define everything for doubleclick or miidle click or ...

I am so sure that replacing doubleclick behavior in playlists never will happen!

send to playlist

Reply #14
[quote author=q-stankovic link=msg=464932 date=1169040756]

[/quote]
The SDK provides means to override the default action for a specific playlist.

send to playlist

Reply #15
[quote author=q-stankovic link=msg=464932 date=1169040756]

The SDK provides means to override the default action for a specific playlist.
[/quote]

I am no developer so it may be that i am talking stupid things:
The presented concept of the "now playing" playlist only works if you overrides default action for all playlists.
I think the whole discussion is based on a confusion. Sure: Winamp, WMP, Media Monkey ... have a now playing playlist. Foobar too: it has multiple playlists and everytime you start playback it becomes a nowplaying playlist.

The real problem is not the default behavior of a doubleclick - in Winamp, WMP, ..... a doubleclick also starts playback. The big difference is that foobar don't have a trackviewer for media library like Winamp f.e. has. This tracklist is the source from where tracks can be sended to the playlist editor. It is funny to see that one of the greates wishes in winamp forum is to have multiple playlists in the playlist editor (like in Winamp 3 and foobar) and to have the opportunity to start playback in ML's tracklist (similar to the "play" command in foo_utils).

Such a tracklist was offered in foo 0.8 from the playlist tree plugin: the browser playlist. In my eyes it would be - as said yesterday - to have such a browser playlist but more in an universal sense: supported by playlist tree/Browser/Album list/Quick search/Database search demo/Explorer Tree.

SimplePortal 1.0.0 RC1 © 2008-2020