Skip to main content

Notice

If you are using a Hotmail or Outlook email address, please change it now, as Microsoft is rejecting all email from our service outright.
Topic: WavPack 4.40 released (Read 58185 times) previous topic - next topic

WavPack 4.40 released

Reply #50
... I will do a compromise and use s0.2 ...

Tonight, with fresh ears, I tried to abx HF noise critical tracks like George Winston's 'Carol Of the Bells' encoded with hb350x5s.0.2, and I'm sorry to say I can abx it. The increase in noise is subtle, but it's there.

I listened again to the improvements on Atem-lied s0.2 brings, and must say s0.2 against s0 isn't a big improvement, not like s0.5.
Tracks with spots like in Atem-lied are certainly less frequent than that of Carol of the Bells.
So I return to good old s0.
And will not touch it, just look forward like shadowking for VBR and/or smart noise shaping which we might get some day.
Anyway wavPack is great today and I especially like new h mode for my iRiver. Wonderful work, David.
lame3995o -Q1.7
opus --bitrate 140

WavPack 4.40 released

Reply #51
I've just added WavPack support in Omni Encoder. Nice configuration GUI, and whatnot.

Check it out!

WavPack 4.40 released

Reply #52
I've just added WavPack support in Omni Encoder. Nice configuration GUI, and whatnot.

Check it out!

Thanks, that's very cool! My main system does not have .net, but I have access to a couple that do and I'll try to get a chance to check it out.

Unfortunately, I'm getting very behind in getting supported program links updated on wavpack.com, although I guess it's possible to consider that that's a good sign... 

WavPack 4.40 released

Reply #53
Unfortunately, I'm getting very behind in getting supported program links updated on wavpack.com, although I guess it's possible to consider that that's a good sign... 
The Wikipedia article now have a fairly extensive list....
"ONLY THOSE WHO ATTEMPT THE IMPOSSIBLE WILL ACHIEVE THE ABSURD"
        - Oceania Association of Autonomous Astronauts

SimplePortal 1.0.0 RC1 © 2008-2020