Skip to main content
Topic: WMA encoder x64 (Read 2139 times) previous topic - next topic

WMA encoder x64

Hello,
I am using Foobar2000 0.9.4.2 in Windows XP 64 bit and i'm trying to convert from wav to wma lossless using WMA encoder 9 x64 but I receive this error:

Error flushing file (Object not found) : file://f:\Documenti\My Music\Album\Da ascoltare\Mission - Neverland [ape]\Raising Cain.wma

The console show this:

CLI encoder: D:\Programmi\Windows Media Components\Encoder\WMCmd32.vbs
Destination file: f:\Documenti\My Music\Album\Da ascoltare\Mission - Neverland [ape]\Raising Cain.wma
cscript.exe "D:\Programmi\Windows Media Components\Encoder\WMCmd32.vbs" -input "f:\Documenti\My Music\Album\Da ascoltare\Mission - Neverland [ape]\temp-5EBEE3ED93B0C08F5CCCA163FE082506.wav" -output "Raising Cain.wma" -a_codec WMA9LSL -a_mode 2 -a_setting Q100_44_2_16
directory: f:\Documenti\My Music\Album\Da ascoltare\Mission - Neverland [ape]\

If I run the same command from the dos prompt (using any wav file) everything works fine.
I tried installing the WMA encoder 32 bit and everything worked.
I guess there is some problem with the converter and Microsoft wma encoder 64 bit.
Anyone has tried this?

Thank you

WMA encoder x64

Reply #1
Hello,
I am using Foobar2000 0.9.4.2 in Windows XP 64 bit and i'm trying to convert from wav to wma lossless using WMA encoder 9 x64 but I receive this error:

Error flushing file (Object not found) : file://f:\Documenti\My Music\Album\Da ascoltare\Mission - Neverland [ape]\Raising Cain.wma

The console show this:

CLI encoder: D:\Programmi\Windows Media Components\Encoder\WMCmd32.vbs
Destination file: f:\Documenti\My Music\Album\Da ascoltare\Mission - Neverland [ape]\Raising Cain.wma
cscript.exe "D:\Programmi\Windows Media Components\Encoder\WMCmd32.vbs" -input "f:\Documenti\My Music\Album\Da ascoltare\Mission - Neverland [ape]\temp-5EBEE3ED93B0C08F5CCCA163FE082506.wav" -output "Raising Cain.wma" -a_codec WMA9LSL -a_mode 2 -a_setting Q100_44_2_16
directory: f:\Documenti\My Music\Album\Da ascoltare\Mission - Neverland [ape]\

If I run the same command from the dos prompt (using any wav file) everything works fine.
I tried installing the WMA encoder 32 bit and everything worked.
I guess there is some problem with the converter and Microsoft wma encoder 64 bit.
Anyone has tried this?

Thank you

Well, running cscript (which I _think_ is an x86 app, not an x64 app), with a script called WMCmd32.vbs is unlikely to result in the use of an x64 encoder... I just use flac for my audio, and the x64 flac binary works just fine (and pretty fast too).

WMA encoder x64

Reply #2
Well, running cscript (which I _think_ is an x86 app, not an x64 app), with a script called WMCmd32.vbs is unlikely to result in the use of an x64 encoder... I just use flac for my audio, and the x64 flac binary works just fine (and pretty fast too).

I agree with you, but cscrip.exe work perfectly when launched from DOS prompt..
I tried using wmcmd.vbs instead of wmcmd32.vbs but i got the same error.

Thank you anyway you for your reply.

SimplePortal 1.0.0 RC1 © 2008-2020