Skip to main content
Topic: CD tagging (Read 2626 times) previous topic - next topic

CD tagging

Please don't kill me!  I have looked all over for days to try and find an answer.  I just installed version 0.9 of foobar2000.  Everything is great except the masstagger of version 0.8 had an option to automatically get track info when a CD is inserted.  I can't find any such options in 0.9.  Obviously, I can highlight all of the tracks and selesct get tags but I would really like the CD info to be obtained automatically. 

Again, sorry if this has been answered many times.  It's just my first post!

Paul

CD tagging

Reply #1
Just ignore the violent mobs here.
And I'm also looking for this...

Thing is the .8 FreeDB component was completely different than the new one.
New one is extremely limited in most respects, plus (according to quite a few threads) it brings out too little and inaccurate responses for queries.

Another issue is that it cannot post to FreeDB, but only (partially) read from it.

I think the world is waiting for someone to take the baton on this and reqrite a proper FreeDB component.
and preferably a CD-Text one too.

I can't understand how it's done, but apparently the developer of this simple yet powerful player does.

This is also the reason I use VUPlayer for CDs 90% of the time - just can't handle the hassle.

CD tagging

Reply #2
I can't understand how it's done, but apparently the developer of this simple yet powerful player does.
That's Gracenote, not freedb.

CD tagging

Reply #3
So it's not just me?  This feature is not available anymore?

Since it has so many options I can't find anywhere else (and uses minimal resources), I like having foobar as my default player for everything.  However, I want to see the track names when I play a CD without having to highlight everything and do a search!

Paul

CD tagging

Reply #4
That's Gracenote, not freedb.

Actually, although the same site features a small Gracenote player, VU Player uses FreeDB.

Everytime I submit a CD via VU Player, it would appear in Foobar's FreeDB search about 1-1.5 hours later (and it says so on the "credits" part of the app's site, of course)

SimplePortal 1.0.0 RC1 © 2008-2019