Skip to main content
Topic: foo_discogs (Read 844571 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: foo_discogs

Reply #2750
Update:  Yes it is necessary to have a Discogs account for this plugin to work properly

Reply #2751
Sounds like you're looking at a CD. When you tag it in foobar it saves the metadata to foobar's database. There's no central metadata database for Windows - it's reading those values from the CD-TEXT or showing you default values if the CD was mastered without any metadata.
If you rip the CD, the tags will be read correctly from the files in Windows explorer and everywhere else.

Reply #2752
Hello, I'm using this excellent plugin on a regular basis with good results but I have some small grievances.

1. Everytime I tag a release via this component it overwrites my carefully manually tagged genres with the generical genres from Discogs. This is especially annoying when substituting "Progressive Rock" with "Rock", "Folk" with "Folk, Country & World" etc. In the plugin configuration I have already set it to not "Remove any pre-existing tags" but that's obviously not enough.

2. The plugin writes disc information even for media that doesn't have multiple discs, like digital media. An option to only write disc information for multiple discs would be nice.

Thanks in advance!

Reply #2753
for 1:
I re-route the discogs genre value to its' own field (you can do this with any, adjstting the foo_discogs templates/"edit mappings"...). i.e. I generate "discogs_genre" metadata field so it doesn't overwrite my 'genre' field I've set by hand, but are still accessible if I want to.
for 2:
you can construct IF queries into your tagging scripts inside of foo_discogs, see:
https://wiki.hydrogenaud.io/index.php?title=Foobar2000:Title_Formatting_Reference

Hope this helps.
c.

Reply #2754
After locating the correct album release from Discogs a lot of metadata is written/updated which is great.  However the "Track Name" of the track is not. I believe this is the actual file name. The "Title" of the track is updated but not the "Track Name"/File Name as it appears in the file tree in Foobar2K and as it appears in the file tree on windows 10.  The "Track Name"/File Name appears as "01 Track1", after clicking on "01 Track 1" in the Foobar2K file tree the "Track Title" in the metadata appears as "Phonograph Blues".  Is there a way to get the "Track Name"/File Name as displayed in the file tree to be updated?  I looked at the Discogs tag mappings and there is not an option for File Name.
foo_discogs does not rename files, but there is a built in plugin "file operations" which can be used to bulk rename based on tags. Alternatively, you may be able to configure your UI plugin to use tags instead of file names. I don't use the file tree so not sure about that one in specific.

Reply #2755
Hello, I'm using this excellent plugin on a regular basis with good results but I have some small grievances.

1. Everytime I tag a release via this component it overwrites my carefully manually tagged genres with the generical genres from Discogs. This is especially annoying when substituting "Progressive Rock" with "Rock", "Folk" with "Folk, Country & World" etc. In the plugin configuration I have already set it to not "Remove any pre-existing tags" but that's obviously not enough.

2. The plugin writes disc information even for media that doesn't have multiple discs, like digital media. An option to only write disc information for multiple discs would be nice.

Thanks in advance!
Both can be solved by editing the tag formatting strings in your foo_discogs configuration.
1. Something like only update style if it's not already set, or merge the update with what's already set.
2. Check if multiple discs, if not leave that tag blank.
See the "syntax help" page in the foo_discogs tag mappings config dialog.

Reply #2756
Yeah thanks, but that is way over my head. Just looking at that monster of mathematical expression makes my eyes water. I'll just keep correcting manually. Sorry, was looking at the track formatting string. Editing tag mappings now... :-)

Reply #2757
I need some help with these:

1. Want to join RELEASE_GENRES with existing GENRE
Code: [Select]
$join($append(%<RELEASE_GENRES>%,$if(%GENRE%,%GENRE%)))
makes the values comma separated. To make them multi-value, I still have to "Split values". Also, would generate something like "Classical, Classical" instead of merging the two matching names.

2. Want to replace "Prog Rock" with "Progressive Rock" in Styles
$join($multi_replace(%<RELEASE_STYLES>%,'Prog Rock','Progressive Rock'),%<RELEASE_STYLES>%)
doesn't quite work...

Reply #2758
1. Want to join RELEASE_GENRES with existing GENRE
$join($append(%<RELEASE_GENRES>%,$if(%GENRE%,%GENRE%)))
makes the values comma separated. To make them multi-value, I still have to "Split values". Also, would generate something like "Classical, Classical" instead of merging the two matching names.

Check out the Syntax help link from the tag mapping configuration.
$array() should turn a comma-separated list into an array. edit: but you're using $join() to turn an existing array into a string. If you want a multi-value field, shouldn't you leave it as an array?

On the array, you can use $unique() to get rid of duplicates.

Reply #2759
What? No entiendo... I'd appreciate a code solution, I already looked through the help page.

Reply #2760
Hello,

today I entered "100%100TKA" in Artists Search Field and I got this error:

(FATAL) Error: Authorization Failed (401) [Is OAuth working?](url: https://api.discogs.com/database/search)

[ESCAPE to close]

At the same time, other artists work fine, I tried several others (i.e. Madonna), not in the cache,
so I guess, the artist string breaks the search :-]

Tested with f2k 1.5b12 and component version 2.20

SimplePortal 1.0.0 RC1 © 2008-2019