Skip to main content
Topic: WASAPI shared output (foo_out_wasapis) (Read 262 times) previous topic - next topic

WASAPI shared output (foo_out_wasapis)

There's a bug in v0.4: if 2 audio devices are present WASAPI output will always use one of them - even if another one is selected.
I have Realtek HDA and Creative Audigy 4. I select WASAPI output for Creative but the sound is going from Realtek HDA. See the attached file.
Magically yours
Raistlin

Re: WASAPI shared output (foo_out_wasapis)

Reply #1
Thanks, I was using wrong GUID to ID devices but with my setup I see no problems. Can you verify on your system if this version can differentiate between the devices?

Edit: attachment removed. The fixed version is now properly released.

Reply #2
The new version works correctly, thanks.

In comparison to WASAPI output support 3.3 plugin, yours has less options to setup so I have a few questions:
1. What output data format does it use?
2. What mode does it work in - push or event?
3. What does "shared" mean in the names of output devices?
Magically yours
Raistlin

Reply #3
1. It uses 32-bit floating point at the sample rate and channel count configured for your device. The component will automatically resample and downmix channels if needed.
2. Event.
3. It's the opposite of Exclusive mode. There can be only one exclusive mode WASAPI session open on a device and all other sound sessions are blocked. Shared mode allows multiple sessions to share the device, they just need to take care to output sound at the format the mixer is configured for.

SimplePortal 1.0.0 RC1 © 2008-2018